Board of Governors
The Board of Governors holds the ultimate responsibility for the governance and operation of The King's University and is accountable to King's membership. Although they are not involved with the day-to-day management of the institution, it ensures that King's fulfills its mission. Governors concern themselves with questions such as the following:
- Is King's fulfilling its mission and are current policies in keeping with this mission?
- Does King's keep the vision for future development of the institution?
- Is King's responsible in its use of funds?
- Does King's communicate effectively with its supporting community?
- Does King's plan adequately in the area of finance, facilities development, and in academic areas?
The Board of Governors also has a role in maintaining and ensuring the freedom of inquiry and learning at the university. Each member of the board also acts as a liaison with the supporting community.
To contact the board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 780-465-3500, ext. 8002.
Board of Governors (2017-18)
- Bill Lodewyk, Chair (*) AB - Red Deer
- Carolyn Huisman AB - Calgary
- Charles Evans (*) AB - Edmonton
- Cheryl Shinkaruk AB - Edmonton
- Cory Seibel, PhD (*) AB - Edmonton
- Duane Plantiga AB - Edmonton
- Dave Hubert, PhD AB - Edmonton
- Frances Vegt BC - Vernon
- Hans Van Ginhoven (*) AB - Edmonton
- Harley Middel AB - Lethbridge
- Harry Kits (*) ON - Ottawa (member at large)
- Jerry Bouma (*) AB - Edmonton
- Josh Noble SK - Unity
- Judith Welke AB - Pincher Creek
- Judy Letain MB - St. Rose
- Michael Stolte, PhD AB - Edmonton
- Nikki Rekman BC - Chilliwack
- Paul Verhoef AB - Calgary
- Pearl den Haan BC - Langley
- Richard DeVries AB - Neerlandia
- Rick Mast AB - Edmonton
- Shelagh K. Genuis, PhD (*) AB - Edmonton
- Steve Vriend AB - Edmonton
- Teresa Reitsma BC - Smithers
- Warren Elgersma AB - Red Deer
- Wilma van der Leek BC - Surrey
* - Member of the Executive Committee