Strategic Leadership Team
The Strategic Leadership Team (SLC) provides leadership to the university under the overall guidance of the president. The Strategic Leadership Team works to:
- Ensure that the university successfully meets its Board-approved mission and strategic direction;
- Provide input, council, and leadership for institution-level policy decisions;
- Integrate and model the university’s values throughout the institution;
- Enable and empower successful leadership at all levels of the university through timely and coordinated communication.
- Melanie Humphreys, PhD, President
- Kris Ooms, Vice President Academic
- Shannon Tuininga, Vice President Advancement
- Ralph Troschke, Vice President Finance and Operations
- Megan Viens, Dean of Students
- Allen Verbeek, Associate Vice President Enrolment Management and Registrar
- Darcy Visscher, PhD, Faculty Representative
- Andrew Tappenden, Associate Professor of Computing Science
- Paula Mitchell, Executive Assistant
Executive Leadership Team
Consisting of the president and vice presidents for academic and research, student life, finance and operations, and advancement, the Executive Leadership Team provides leadership to the university under the overall guidance of the President. The Executive Leadership Team:
- Works with the Board of Governors and Board subcommittees to advance King’s mission, vision, and values.
- Works collaboratively with other senior administrators to proactively solve cross-divisional issues.
- Provides continuity in decision-making on significant administrative issues.
- Solves problems that do not require participation of the Senior Strategic Team.
- Accounts for the institution’s financial and legal integrity.
- Enables and empowers successful leadership at all levels throughout the university.