The Institutional Research department exists to gather, analyse and publish information about The King’s University and its context to inform planning, and support accountability.
What We Do
- Advise President's Council on the university's strategic plan through planning and assessment.
- Create and maintain our institutional analytics infrastructure.
- Respond to internal requests for institutional data, including the provision of institutional activity dashboards.
- Supervise and support academic program reviews.
- Fulfill, in collaboration with other departments, external reporting requirements.
- Maintain and enhance transfer credit agreements.
- Edit and publish King's Academic Calendar.
- Convene the Data and Systems Management Committee.
- Convene the Survey Management Committee
Institutional Research provides numerous statistical views of King's enrollment. Please click on the links below to open new windows with these interactive data visualizations.
King's submits to Alberta Advanced Education an annual comprehensive institutional plan covering a three year time frame.
King's submits to Alberta Advanced Education an annual report relating performance to the goals, expected outcomes and performance measures outlined in the Comprehensive Institutional Plan.
Program Review Reports
As part of King's on-going quality review processes, each program is reviewed on a regular cycle. These reviews are coordinated by Institutional Research and involve the academic department that is home to the programs. An external review report is generated for each. These reports are then reviewed and approved by the VP Academic, the Academic Affairs Committee, Senate, and finally are forwarded to the Campus Alberta Quality Council. As these are released the reports will be linked here.