After living 15 years in Thailand, South Korea, and Saudi Arabia, Raymond has returned to Canada in 2015 and has been teaching English as a Second Language, Business Communications and Management Philosophy, and Meta-cognition learning strategies. He has a passion to help others overcome barriers to full community life which have included professional and linguistic certifications.
Ray’s research interests surround the sources and history of authenticity, the social and political theories of Hannah Arendt and Charles Taylor, Social Criticism, and in “Third Culture” identities. He has been lead editor on translated editions of books as various as Sexual Signification, swiftlet nest business in Southeast Asia, and English conversation textbooks. Some of his writing can be found at idealsandidentities.com.
Ray brings a wealth of post-secondary teaching experience with him, mostly in philosophy and English, including teaching stints with McGill University, the University of Windsor, Grant MacEwan University, SUNY Binghamton (USA), Jubail University College (Saudi Arabia), Chiang Mai University (Thailand), the University of Winnipeg, and Pukyeong National University (S. Korea).
- IELTS Certified Instructor, the British Council / U of Manitoba, 2015.
- TESOL Certification, Chichestor College, UK, 2007.
- Canadian Teaching Certification (for International Schools), Association of Christian Schools International, Colorado Springs, USA, 2007.
- MA, Philosophy, the University of Windsor, 2001.
- BA, Philosophy and Linguistics, the University of Winnipeg, 1996.
- Foundational Studies Diploma, Christian Studies, Concord College (Winnipeg), 1994.