General British Columbia High School Admission Requirements
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English 12 or English First Peoples 12.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
|Other Math||Foundations of Mathematics 12|
|Social Studies||History 12,
Comp Civ 12,
First Nations Studies12,
Physics 12, Geology 12, ICT Computer Programming 12
|Fine Arts||Visual Arts 12,
Art Foundations 12,
Studio Art 12,
Theatre Performance 12,
Theatre Production 12,
Choral Music 12,
Instrumental Music 12
A maximum of one non-standard course may be presented for admission:
- Accounting 12
- Applications of Math 12
- Communications 12
- Drafting 12
- Economics 12
- English Lit 12
- Human Services 12
- Law 12
- Marketing 12
- Physical Education 12
- Social Justice 12
- Writing 12