Manitoba High School Admissions
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English 40S Comprehensive, Literary or Transactional Focus.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
Alternative Admission Requirements:
- An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
||Calculus||Social Studies||Science||Fine Arts|
|Applied Math 40S||
Intro to Calculus 45S,
Western Civ 40S,
|40 G/S Art,
A maximum of one non-standard course may be presented for admission:
- Canadian Studies 40S
- Economics 40S
- Family Studies 40S
- Law 40S