General Prince Edward Island High School Admission Requirements
- Five academic Grade 12 courses with an overall average of 60%:
- One course must be English 611 or 621.
- Three courses must be Standard (see chart below for Standard courses).
- The fifth course may be a Standard or Non-Standard course carrying normal weight (see list below for Non-Standard courses).
- Cannot be Special Projects or Work Experience.
- Two courses of lower course weight may be substituted for the fifth course.
- Meet any Program-Specific Requirements.
- English Proficiency.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- An applicant who cannot present five acceptable courses, but can present a 70% average on four courses, may be admitted as an Unclassified Student to take an approved course for credit. A grade of C- or better in the course will allow the student to be considered for regular admission in the following term.
If you don’t think you are eligible for admission into King’s, don’t lose hope! Contact one of our Admissions Counsellors and they will be happy to review your options with you.
Pre-Calculus Math 12
|Other Math||Math 621A,
Foundations of Math 12
Chemistry 611A or 621A,
|Fine Arts||Music 621|
A maximum of one non-standard course may be presented for admission:
- Economics 821
- Global Issues 621
- History 631
- Oceanography 621
- Politics 621