Academic Success Course
Consider enrolling in King's academic success course: UNIV-150 How to Succeed at University.
The transition from High School or from being out of school for a while to attending university can be overwhelming and challenging for some incoming students. In order to help you make the transition as smoothly as possible, we offer students the opportunity to enrol in this 8 week non-credit course.
UNIV 150 will teach you how to acquire and/or improve the following university skills, which will not only help you survive but also thrive in this new and exciting environment.
In this course, students will learn:
- How university is different from high school
- How to manage your time to provide school/life balance
- How to set goals and prioritize
- How to use study strategies that work
- How to develop effective note-taking strategies for lectures and textbooks
- How to use the library resources
- How to write good quality essays and reports
- How to give an effective oral presentation
- How to apply proven memory techniques
- How to prepare for final exams
This course will start on Thursday, September 26 at 3:30-4:30 p.m. and meets once a week for eight weeks in the Fall semester.
This subsidized course costs only $22 ensuring it's affordable for everyone. Sign up for UNIV150 through your OnLine Services. For more information contact the Student Life Office or for help registering contact the Registry Office.