Each year, King's students head out for an annual fall retreat at beautiful Camp Nakamun. This camp will bring you some needed time of relaxation, fun activities, and most importantly, getting to know fellow students and King's staff. We can't wait to hang out with you!
- Friday to Sunday (September 14 - 16, 2018)
- We leave at 5 p.m. on Friday and return around 1 p.m. on Sunday.
- You must sign your waiver form before boarding the bus.
- Opens Friday, August 31, 2018
- You have paid your portion of the Fall Retreat fee through your orientation fee (Student Life subsidizes the rest), but you need to register to attend.
- Register for UNIV065A and fill out your waiver form via your Online services.
What happens at the Fall Retreat?
There are a few organized activities, but mainly, we hang out and have fun. The weekend is meant to build friendships and get to know staff and student leaders as well as other students in a beautiful, chill setting. Here are a couple of highlights!
The Annual Cups Tournament
Take four plastic cups, four sticks, and a couple of frisbees and you got yourself an outdoor game EVERYONE can participate in. Never touched a frisbee in your life? No worries. No skills are needed. It's all about community building and taking part, and the finale is always intense with a lot of cheering and laughing!
You might catch our President, Melanie Humphreys, Vice-President, Michael Ferber, and Student Success Coordinator, Kristin Lemke, brave the heights like they did last year!
Come out and join us! Your Orientation Fee already covers the cost of the retreat (which Student Life then subsidizes), and transportation is free. The registration deadline is Monday, September 10, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. Register by adding UNIV065A to your fall course registration through online services.