Each year, King's students head out for an annual fall retreat at beautiful Camp Nakamun. This camp will bring you some needed time of relaxation, fun activities, and most importantly, getting to know fellow students and King's staff. We can't wait to hang out with you!
- Friday, September 14 to Sunday, September 16, 2018
- We leave at 5 p.m. on Friday and return around 1 p.m. on Sunday.
- You must sign your waiver form before boarding the bus.
- Opens Friday, August 31, 2018 and closes on Monday, September 10, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
- Go to your online services and add UNIV-065A to your classes. Your retreat costs are partially covered by your orientation fee. Student Life subsidizes the rest. We need you to register for the retreat so that we can give accurate numbers to Camp Nakamun. The fee covers camp costs and transportation.
- Fill out your retreat waiver. Go to your online services, select Personal Information, and find the fall retreat waiver.
- If you have an dietary requirements, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens at the Fall Retreat?
There are a few organized activities, but mainly, we hang out and have fun. The weekend is meant to build friendships and get to know staff and student leaders as well as other students in a beautiful, chill setting. Here are a couple of highlights!
The Annual Cups Tournament
Take four plastic cups, four sticks, and a couple of frisbees and you got yourself an outdoor game EVERYONE can participate in. Never touched a frisbee in your life? No worries. No skills are needed. It's all about community building and taking part, and the finale is always intense with a lot of cheering and laughing!
You might catch our President, Melanie Humphreys, Vice-President, Michael Ferber, and Student Success Coordinator, Kristin Lemke, brave the heights like they did last year!
Come out and join the fun! Register by adding UNIV-065A to your fall course registration through online services.