Illness outbreak update – Monday February 6, 2017
Based on actual information collected (as of Sunday February 5, 2017), the overall number of people ill on campus has dropped significantly over the last few days. However, new cases of illness still continue to be reported.
As mentioned in previous communications, Alberta Health Services will not declare the illness outbreak as being over until there are no new illnesses beginning over a 72-hour time period.
The following precautions continue to remain in place:
- No buffet/self-service foods (other than those in individually wrapped packaging) are being served in the cafeteria
- The WORKout Centre remains closed
- All lounges in both residence buildings remain closed
- Group gatherings and activities continue to be discouraged (no Resident Assistant Programing)
- Conference Services continues to work with and update any external clients who are booked to use campus spaces
- Facilities staff continue to do increased cleaning in high traffic areas and touch points on campus
If you have questions or concerns about the illness outbreak, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the student life team.