Alberta Northern Rockies (Hinton District) is seeking a hardworking individual with exceptional customer service experience and supervisory skills to be responsible for leading the campground reservation services, visitor center operations, retail operations, recruitment, training and supervision of seasonal information staff, marketing and promotions, special event organization, and information services including the development of print and non-personal media. The district includes William A. Switzer Provincial Park and multiple other provincial parks. In this supervisory role, you will be responsible for hiring, training, mentoring and evaluating seasonal information staff, setting facility hours and staff schedules for the visitor center and campground booths, supervising visitor center services and gift shop sales, campground reservations and payments using the Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca system. A strong skill set in team building, staff support, and conflict management are crucial to the successes of this position. Other job functions include managing an assigned budget and administering revenues generated by the visitor experience program.
The ability to work both independently and as part of a team while demonstrating the Alberta Public Service values of respect, integrity, accountability and excellence in everything you do is essential to your success.
|Position:||Business & Information Supervisor|
|Classification:||Program Services 1|
|Type:||Temporary (up to 36.25 hours/week)|
|Rate of Pay:||$28.77 - $37.40/hr
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
|Closing Date:||February 23, 2020|
- Leads operation and delivery of campground reservation/registration services
- Leads retail operations
- Leads information services (online, print media, personal information delivery)
- Leads marketing and promotion
- Provides leadership to seasonal staff
- Manages assigned budget and administers revenues
- Provides strategic program planning
- Diploma in a related field (recreation and park management, business, tourism and/or hospitality) and at least 1 year of experience in a supervisory role
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Microsoft Office and database/booking software
Equivalences will be considered on directly related experience or education considered on the basis of:
One year of experience for one year of education or one year of education for one year of experience
- Experience in supervising customer service staff
- Experience in campground operations
- Experience in retail and cash reconciliation
- Experience in project coordination
- Knowledge of Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: To think creatively while working in a changing work environment
- Build Collaborative Environments: By promoting collaboration and commitment, encourage broad thinking on projects, work together to eliminate barriers to progress, and facilitate open and respectful dialogue
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Using a wide range of communication techniques to promptly and professionally address issues
- Develop Self and Others: By actively learning about the organization, reflecting on performance to identify areas of improvement and create a shared learning environment to lead the delivery of successful programs
- Drive for Results: Through championing innovation and displaying high standards in programs, initiatives and services.
- Systems Thinking: To understand connections to the larger organization and to positively inspire the implementation of priorities or goals
Terms of Employment
- Anticipated start date of March 2020
- Please note that this is a temporary full time position for 8 months with a possibility of extension
- Evening, weekend, and shift work will be required
- Shifts are 7.25 hrs/day
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver's abstract (will be reimbursed)
- Travel is required
- This position requires working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with "BIS-HIN" in the subject line.
Email, mail or drop off (Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.)
Visitor Experience Coordinator
3rd Floor Government Centre, 131 Civic Centre Road
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.