If you enjoy working outside and are committed to customer service, come join our Maintenance Service Team. Aspen Beach Provincial Park is looking for highly motivated, well-organized, responsible maintenance support personnel for the operating season. These individuals will be part of a team accountable for providing maintenance and operational duties supporting the day-to-day facility operation of Aspen Beach Provincial Park Campground.
|Position:||Maintenance Service Worker, Aspen Beach Provincial Park|
|Classification:||Maintenance Service Worker 1|
|Type:||Seasonal (Up to 40 hours/week)|
|Rate of Pay:||$19.40 – $23.33
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
|Closing Date:||February 23, 2020|
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain and provide Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service at all times. Specific responsibilities for a Maintenance Service Worker include:
- Performing routine custodial and cleaning duties of washroom and shelter facilities, lawn maintenance and minor repairs of facilities
- Providing routine and preventative maintenance on all infrastructure, including trail systems, day use sites, buildings, vehicles and equipment
- Being familiar with and practicing all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Completing mandatory administrative tasks such as timesheets, expense tracking and completing online courses
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Computer literacy
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Air Brake Q Endorsement on Driver's License
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) training
- Equipment operation (tractors, side by sides, bobcats)
- Carpentry, plumbing and/or electrical experience
- Experience with water and wastewater facility operation
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: Staff must be agile in order to anticipate and quickly adapt to changing priorities and situations to effectively meet diverse visitor needs
- Build Collaborative Environments: This position is one component of a larger work environment that includes other program areas therefore, it's important to understand how this position contributes to achieving broader Alberta Environment & Parks goals
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Occasionally, challenges arise and staff must assess options, understand implications and determine appropriate actions to achieve the necessary solutions
- Systems Thinking: This position is one component of a larger work environment that includes other program areas therefore its important to understand how this positions contributes to achieving broader Alberta Environment & Parks goals
Terms of Employment
- Various start dates beginning in late April/May, with end dates in September (or later), depending on operational requirements
- Final candidates may be required to provide a driver’s abstract (will be reimbursed)
- Evening, weekend and shift work will be required (premiums will be paid)
- Shifts are 8 hrs/day
- This position requires working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- These positions are physically demanding.
- Maintenance Service Worker 1: Approximately $19.40–$23.33 per hour (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
- Those selected for an interview must bring three work related references to the interview.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
- Interviews will be held in early March at the Aspen Beach Provincial Park. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Shared rental accommodations may be available.
How to Apply
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents in one MS Word file or PDF) with the subject line "MSW-ASPN - last name, first name"
- Email applications are preferred at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also fax, mail or drop off your application, ensuring that "MSW-ASPN - last name, first name" is clearly marked.
Parks Division, Central Region
Alberta Environment & Parks
Suite 700 Millennium Centre, 4909-49th Street
Red Deer, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.