Ambassador Summer Student
ETS Ambassador Summer Student
Job Number: 43188
Up to 3 temporary full-time positions for 4 months intended specifically for students currently enrolled in a business, marketing, communications, or related post-secondary degree program, commencing in May 2022. Are you an enthusiastic individual who likes to engage and motivate others? If you enjoy interacting and working with the public, then this is the opportunity for you!
Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is excited to welcome riders back on board through spring and summer 2022! Supporting ETS’ ridership recovery initiatives, the ETS summer street team will spend the spring and summer reconnecting with riders and residents to encourage them to rediscover Edmonton by bus and LRT. The street team will be at transit centres, LRT stations, festivals, events and attractions having conversations with current and future ETS riders.
Responsibilities of this role include:
● Promote ETS to Edmontonians at various transit facilities, festivals, events and attractions
● Participate as a member of the ETS street team at public-facing events and activities
● Connect with diverse groups of riders including first-timers or those returning to transit, to provide transit information and assist riders with navigating ETS as needed
● Support ETS ridership recovery initiatives by promoting ETS as safe, reliable and convenient, to current and potential riders
● Monitor and track outreach activities
● Perform other duties as required to support ETS Customer Engagement programs
Note: Working conditions will follow the Government of Alberta Health recommendations
● Currently enrolled in a business, marketing, communications, or related post-secondary degree program
● Demonstrated customer service skills
● Experience with event planning and execution; developing marketing and social content, and execution of action plans
● Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain strong working relationships is required
● Demonstrated ability to make presentations to public groups and providing presentations to audiences of various ages and abilities
● Demonstrated ability to positively interact with and provide support to people of various ages and levels of physical and cognitive ability,
differing levels of English proficiency, or familiarity with and access to electronic information resources
● Familiarity with Edmonton's public transit system, a good working knowledge of routes and services, information tools for trip planning,
and basic familiarity with transit accessibility and safety features
● Comfortable walking and standing for long periods of time
● Ability to work independently and make decisions in the absence of a supervisor
● Demonstrated ability using Google Workspace applications
● Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
*Please note, as part of your application, we ask that you attach an unofficial transcript, and an enrollment verification letter
(indicating you are enrolled in a post-secondary degree program).
The City of Edmonton's Cultural Commitments highlight where we are going as a corporation and define how we do our best work.
Find out more here: http://bit.ly/3bH2Ztv
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion:Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact Employment@edmonton.ca.
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt).
Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week, Monday - Friday, with the ability to work some evenings and weekends as required
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $19.749 - 25.135 (Hourly)
Talent Diversity Consultant: JY/LU
Classification Title: Student Professional
Posting Date: Mar 11, 2022
Closing Date: Mar 25, 2022 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 3 - Student Position Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Edmonton Transit Service
Work Location(s): 15th Floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue Edmonton T5J 0J4
Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers for information on how to apply