Bissell Centre - Follow Up Support Worker
Follow Up Support Worker (12 Month Contract)
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the 12 month contract position of Follow Up Support Worker. The Follow Up Support worker is an exciting position reporting to the Team Leader of Homeless to Homes (H2H). H2H is based on the Housing First strategy which involves a focus on housing homeless people and then providing services in a client centered, solution focused manner. This position will occasionally be exposed to physical and/or verbal abuse.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide Intensive Case management services to up to 20 Homeless to Homes participants.
- Assist participants with community integration, life skill development, financial stability, socio-recreational interaction, and housing stability.
- Ensure monthly rent payments are paid to the landlord.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Valid Advanced Driver’s License (non-GDL), satisfactory driver’s abstract and proof of $1 million PLPD insurance is required as operation of a personal vehicle is required.
- Post-secondary degree with a minimum one year work experience in the field.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with program participants, coworkers and volunteers.
- Demonstrate the ability to ensure quality services, and program development.
- Demonstrate competency in computer systems (Word, Excel, and database programs).
- Experience working with high risk populations and an understanding of Aboriginal cultures, history and current issues.
- If applicable, all Social Workers employed at Bissell need to be registered with the ACSW within 3 months of hire date.
Additional Screening Requirements
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Check
Bissell Centre offers above average industry benefits including employer subsidized medical and dental benefits, life insurance, disability, outstanding vacation and more! Early mornings, and occasional evenings and weekends will be required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by February 29th, 2020 to:
Team Lead, Housing Services
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.