Bissell Centre - Team Lead within Housing Services
Team Lead within Housing Services (Homeless to Homes and Outreach Housing Team)
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Team Lead within Housing Services (FT), which includes the Homeless to Homes (H2H) department and the Outreach Housing Team (OHT). H2H is a Housing First program, which provides services to newly housed individuals in an intensive, client centered, solution focused manner. OHT exists to support individuals that are homeless to find housing that is affordable and appropriate, either through the Housing First program, or diverting individuals to other housing that is available.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Contribute to an interdependent organizational culture. Take an interest in (and contribute to) colleagues efforts horizontally in other departments, as well as in H2H and OHT. Lead staff with an expectation of inclusiveness and collaboration within the larger organization.
- Assist Manager in developing and implementing an annual departmental workplan, including goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Monitor and evaluate program delivery and quality on an ongoing basis for both programs.
- Assist Manager in oversight of program budget and expenses.
- Attend meetings with our funders and the community at large.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of extensive employment experience including program development, case management, case supervision, evaluation, and supervisory skills. Supervisory experience of at least 2 years is preferred.
- Previous Housing First experience would be an asset.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, applied time management, strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of innovation and creativity in supporting individuals would be an asset.
- Demonstrate the ability to ensure quality services, and program development.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrate competency in computer systems (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio, and database programs).
- A valid Driver’s License, satisfactory driver’s abstract and proof of $1 million PLPD insurance is required as operation of a personal vehicle is required.
- Experience working with high risk populations and an understanding of Aboriginal cultures, history and current issues.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by Feb 21st, 2020 to:
Manager, Housing services
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.