Team Lead, Financial Empowerment
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Financial Empowerment Team Lead (FT), which includes the Financial Empowerment Champions (FEC) Project, Super Clinics, and the Community Bridge Program. Financial empowerment is an approach to poverty reduction that focuses on improving the financial security of low-income people. The Community bridge program provides rapid response interventions that stop an imminent eviction and provide interventions/services to ensure causes of the eviction are effectively addressed in order to prevent re-occurrence. The FEC project includes 5 proven interventions being integrated into front line supports throughout Bissell Centre programs and services. Super Clinics are events facilitating access to crucial basic financial services city wide. This position will occasionally be exposed to physical and/or verbal abuse.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Contribute to an interdependent organizational culture. Take an interest in (and contribute to) colleagues efforts horizontally in other departments. Lead staff with an expectation of inclusiveness and collaboration within the larger organization.
- Direct supervision of 6 staff.
- Participate in developing and implementing an annual departmental workplan, including goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Monitor and evaluate program delivery and quality on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Manager in oversight of program budget and expenses.
- Support the development of new and existing funding strategies for the department.
- Attend meetings with our funders and the community at large.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of extensive employment experience including program development, case management, case supervision, evaluation, project management, and supervisory skills. Supervisory experience of at least 2 years is preferred.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, applied time management, strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of innovation and creativity in program development.
- Demonstrate the ability to ensure quality services, and program development.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrate high competency in computer systems (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio, and database programs).
- A valid Driver’s License, satisfactory driver’s abstract and proof of $1 million PLPD insurance is required as operation of a personal vehicle is required.
- Experience working with high risk populations and an understanding of Indigenous cultures & history.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Strategic Innovation
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.