Christian Credit Union
Christian Credit Union, Edmonton
Be part of an organization that encourages good stewardship with service and advice from experts, modern banking technology and a comprehensive range of products. We are principled and benefit our members with low fees, great rates, and profit sharing. We support Christian organizations and provide resources to help make a difference in the world.
We are seeking a Risk Coordinator who is ready to take their career further by adding a different sense of purpose and call to their work. At Christian Credit Union, we live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees.
What are some key responsibilities?
- Exercise your strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain positive relationships with staff at all levels of the credit union, external third parties, and members.
- Apply your strong change leadership qualities to support others through changes to the credit union’s regulatory landscape through the development and delivery of effective training programs that address compliance requirements arising from these changes.
- Apply your strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with your knowledge of legislation and policies governing privacy, loss prevention, security, and business continuity to coordinate and administer the risk programs of the credit union.
- Support the Compliance Officer/CAMLO to implement and maintain an Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) compliance regime that will meet all regulatory requirements, provide efficiencies and add value to the credit union.
What skills and attributes does a Risk Coordinator need to have?
- Demonstrates exemplary Christian character including a desire to promote biblical financial stewardship.
- Possesses strong capabilities in risk analysis, critical thinking and policy writing.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely; demonstrating strong interpersonal and effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and adept at learning new technologies.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision; managing multiple tasks effectively and efficiently while demonstrating sound judgement in prioritization of work activities to achieve results.
- Possesses a drive for excellence and continuous learning.
- Post‐secondary education in a business administration or finance discipline is preferred.
- 3-5 years of banking experience with preference given to strong working knowledge of anti-money laundering and credit procedures.
A competitive salary and benefits package, deposit and loan program and education programs are all reasons to consider Christian Credit Union for your career.
Closing Date: March 6, 2020.