City of Edmonton
Business Analyst Summer Student (Open City & Technology)
Job Number: 38933
1 temporary full-time position for 4 months, commencing in May 2020, intended specifically for students currently attending a business, information technology, or related post-secondary degree program The Open City & Technology Branch enables information technology required by the City of Edmonton to deliver services. Within this Branch, the Technology Project Management section is a key contributor to achieving the outcomes of the City’s Business Technology Strategy and delivers technology projects that improve the lives of Edmontonians. We are looking for a Business
Analyst Summer Student to help create a structured database of information for past and current City of Edmonton technology projects.
Responsibilities of this summer student position include:
● Develop an understanding of the Technology Project Management office and our work
● Conduct information gathering, research, and analysis
● Make recommendations based on best practices
● Improve systems by studying current processes & designing modifications
● Work in a fast-paced environment and interact with stakeholders on a daily basis
● Other related duties as required
For more career resources, like us on Facebook at City of Edmonton Jobs and check out #StudentSaturdays!
● Currently attending a computer science, business, or related post-secondary degree program
● Knowledge of metadata management practices considered as an asset
● Content or document management experience considered as an asset
● Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis with proven attention to detail
● Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships
● Demonstrated ability using Google Apps
● Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
● Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
● Ability to work and make decisions in an independent manner in a fast-paced environment
*Please note, as part of your application, we ask that attach an unofficial transcript, or an enrollment verification letter
(indicating the program you are currently attending)
*This position is cross-posted under a funding opportunity and may not be filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: $19.749 - $25.135 (Hourly)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: SFH/NG
If you are a student with a disability that requires accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact: Mark Farr,
Talent Outreach Consultant, People with Disabilities at 780-496-2851
Classification Title: Student Professional
Posting Date: Mar 10, 2020
Closing Date: Mar 17, 2020 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Student Position Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Open City and Technology
Work Location(s): Century Place, 14th Floor, 9803 - 102A Avenue Edmonton T5J 3A3