City of Edmonton
Customer Service Representative - Recreation Facilities and Attractions
Job Number: 41177
Enjoy the sound of water splashing and the feel of sun while you sell ice cream? Love to hear the howling of wolves and have the occasional elephant spotting while selling admissions? Delight in working with exceptional people while promoting health and wellness through memberships? If you said yes to one of these and have a passion for delivering quality customer service and are a leader among your peers, then you have come to the right place!
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be the first contact at our front counters throughout our attractions, recreation and leisure centres. You will be the definition of a Quality Customer Service superstar while providing our new and existing members with information on products and services. You will be supporting the operation of the facility with efficiency and courtesy. Your success will be measured by your ability to achieve timely results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style.
With a focus on the City of Edmonton's Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Provide detailed information about the facility, programs, products and services to patrons and special needs visitors both in person and over the phone
- Interact with various members of the public and community groups, including persons with disabilities, youth, seniors, etc
- Promote health and wellness through the sale of special products, services and memberships
- Collect facility admission fees, handle cash, and prepare daily deposits
- Support facility operations by controlling and directing admission to various areas of the faciltiy
- Perform administrative duties such as word processing, data entry, and generating inventory reports
- Provide First Aid, CPR and emergency evacuation support as needed
- Perform other related duties as required
- Completed Grade 12, with an emphasis on general office practices or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved school or college
- Excellent customer service, effectively and courteously dealing with the public and staff alike. Proven experience in conflict resolution
- Proficiency with a variety of related computer software programs including Google Applications
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and information
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations, including performing first aid treatment
- Effective organizational, time management and prioritization skills are required
- 6 months experience in a customer service or sales role would be considered an asset
- 6 months of cash handling experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with recreation or attraction related registration and booking software (such as CLASS and Intelli) is an asset
- Ability to converse in a second language is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid, CPR level C and AED certifications are requirements of this position
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style
- Embrace the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, and foster an environment that encourages others to do the same
- Demonstrate the key behaviours and attributes of the City's six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator
- Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees in all their diversity can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact Employment@edmonton.ca.
Hours of Work: Up to 30 hours per week, Sunday-Saturday. Facility operations are 7 days per week and 17 or more hours per day. Shifts vary based on facility operating hours with evening and weekend work required.
Salary: $20.594 to $25.448 per hour
Closing Date: July 2, 2021 11:59:00 (MDT)