City of Edmonton
Web Design and Development Summer Student (Fire Rescue Services)
Job Number: 38743
1 temporary full-time position for 4 months, commencing in May 2020, intended specifically for students currently attending a post-secondary institution in a marketing, communications, design studies, digital media, information technology, or related post-secondary diploma or degree program
Through the protection of life, property and the environment, Fire Rescue Services (EFRS) strives to improve the livability of all Edmontonians. The provision of internationally-recognized frontline fire rescue services, fire prevention, fire safety public education and emergency management programs make the city a safer and healthier place.
EFRS is looking for a summer student to develop an inventory of digital media for use in external and internal communications, and to support the Public Information Officer with updating and redesigning the digital media library and social media presence.
● Film, edit and produce short videos that will be used for both external and internal communications, including on EFRS social media accounts. Topics will be related to the fire service, including fire safety, seasonal messages and general subjects promoting the positive impacts that EFRS delivers to the citizens of Edmonton
● Further develop the current EFRS digital media library (photos and videos), including recommending an improvement process for storing digital media
● Sort, organize, and file all current EFRS digital media
● Compile content and information for the EFRS social media on behalf of the branch
● Deliver projects by managing resources and timelines and working effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
● Ensure the voice of the branch is represented appropriately in all initiatives
● Complete any necessary revisions, updates and/or improvements to the EFRS Google Site (internal)
● Other related duties as required
For more career resources, like us on Facebook at City of Edmonton Jobs and check out #StudentSaturdays!
● Currently attending a marketing, communications, design studies, digital media, information technology, or related post-secondary diploma or degree program
● Demonstrated knowledge of video production, filming and editing
● Demonstrated knowledge of web design and graphic design/visual communication, specifically Google Sites
● Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships
● Demonstrated ability using Google Apps (including Google Sites and Google Forms) and Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
● Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
● Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
● Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis with proven attention to detail
● Ability to work and make decisions in an independent manner in a fast-paced environment
● Previous experience working with brand standards and delivering on brand strategy is an asset V
● Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent) is considered as an asset
*Please note, as part of your application, we ask that attach an unofficial transcript, or an enrollment verification letter (indicating the program you are currently attending)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: $17.954 - $19.749 hourly
Talent Acquisition Consultant: SFH/NG
If you are a student with a disability that requires accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact: Mark Farr,
Talent Outreach Consultant, People with Disabilities at 780-496-2851
Classification Title: Student Professional
Posting Date: Feb 20, 2020
Closing Date: March 1, 2020 11:59:00 PM (MST)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Student Position Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Fire Rescue Services
Work Location(s): Emergency Response Branch Headquarters, 10351 - 96 St T5H 2H5