CLAC has a summer position available for a university level
student who has completed his or her third or fourth year of undergraduate studies and has an
interest in labour relations. This is a temporary, full-time internship position located in our Langley Member Centre.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• supporting representatives in negotiations, conflict resolution, and labour-management meetings;
• visiting CLAC members at their workplaces, answering questions, and providing assistance;
• special projects, which could involve writing articles, organizing new workplaces, and social media
• research, which could include doing background work
for negotiations or arbitrations.
• University student who has completed third or fourth
year of studies.
• Demonstrated relationship building skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of provincial (BC) and federal labour codes and human rights legislation would be considered an asset.
Term and Compensation
This is a contract position, beginning early May, 2021, and ending August 27, 2021 (start date, end date, and vacation leave are flexible). The workday hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
per week with some weekend or evening work required. The rate of pay is $20.40 per hour. The candidate must have access to a reliable automobile. Mileage is paid and expenses are reimbursed.
The position will be located in CLAC’s Langley Member Centre.
Depending on BC public health orders, working remotely may be a possibility or required.
Long-Term Opportunity Internships are part of CLAC’s long-term recruiting strategy. Due
to growth, CLAC regularly has openings for representatives in its offices across Canada. A successful intern opportunity may lead to an interview for future full-time employment with CLAC
following completion of studies.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume to Rob Schmidt, National Representative, at email@example.com on or before March 12,2021, and indicate in your application where
you came across the position.
Formed in 1952, CLAC is a national union representing over 60,000 workers in almost every sector of the economy. Based on values of respect, dignity, and fairness, CLAC is committed to building better workplaces, better communities, and better lives.
CLAC is a founding member of Canada Works and an affiliated member of the World Organization of Workers.
SUMMER REPRESENTATIVE INTERNSHIP