Covenant Christian Reformed Church
Director of Youth and Emerging Adults
Covenant Christian Reformed Church believes in following Jesus together. Our name reflects our commitment to belonging, first to God, and then to each other. Covenant CRC is a community committed to learning how to follow Jesus together, our relationship to God, and to each other and growing into a life-long dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
We are located at 19010 - 87th Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are situated in West Edmonton, in the community of Belmead.
We have 362 members in our congregation and enjoy a weekly attendance of approximately 200 people. The congregation is multigenerational; spanning all ages from young children to seniors. There are many ministries and programs in the church. These include GEMS, Cadets, Ladies Bible Study, Friendship, Families Living Well, Time Out With God, etc. We believe strongly in faith education, fellowship and community outreach.
Covenant Christian Reformed Church has a Lead Pastor, a Director of Children’s Ministry and a Director of Worship. There are 9 Elders and 6 Deacons on Church Council. We have approximately 35 Youth/Teens and 40 Young Adults within our congregation for whom we value and seek to serve in a more meaningful way.
In the past few years, there has been a longing within the congregation and leadership to offer a dedicated Ministry to our Youth and Young Adults. We are now acting on that, and are looking for a Director of Youth and Emerging Adults who will work to create and sustain an environment for our youth and young adults where they can feel a sense of belonging, and can believe and live into the good news of the Gospel and be inspired toward a life-long dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. This role will be primarily focused on faith formation, mentorship, and discipleship so that our youth and young adults understand their story as it enfolds in the larger story of God. For more detailed information, please see the attached job description.
Interested applicants should apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be received until Monday, January 4th 2021, and only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Covenant CRC Search Committee
Covenant Christian Reformed Church
Director of Youth & Emerging Adult Ministry
We believe in the Triune God. We are called to worship God, love others with a Christ-like love, nurture growth to spiritual maturity, reach out with the Good News and serve God wherever He calls us.
Covenant Christian Reformed Church will be an enthusiastic, committed, unified body of believers living Christ-like lives which, through the power of the Holy Spirit, regularly draws people to commit themselves to a personal relationship with God.
Youth Ministry will encompass nurturing, discipleship and education for Youth and Emerging Adults in our church and community into a life-long dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
We will learn the Hospitality of God to revitalize our faith;
We will focus on how to welcome each other, in community;
We will turn our faces toward “the stranger” whom God places in front of us.
and Nature of this Position Faith Formation, Mentorshi p and Discipleship for Y outh 13 18
years of age and Emerging A dults 19 30 years of age as follows
• Ability to teach Youth and Emerging Adults the Word of God through various methods to: establish the authority of the Word, give biblical understanding and life application to the gospel and, offer foundation to the Reformed World Perspective.
• Grow and challenge participants to live and practice their faith at home, in their community and in the church through prayer, personal devotions and outreach.
• Identify ministry and spiritual gifts of Youth and Emerging Adults and encourage them to develop and use their gifts within the body of Christ and beyond.
• Establish and maintain meaningful and authentic connections with participants as they engage in Youth and Emerging Adult activities.
• Support and attend important life events of the Youth and Emerging Adults.
• Nurture prayer and spiritual encouragement for Youth and Emerging Adults
• Coordinate and lead youth events for fellowship, teaching, outreach.
• Develop ways and opportunities for Youth and Emerging Adults to grow and serve within the church and community either locally or abroad reflecting the missional statement of Covenant CRC and Covenant Youth Mandate.
• Establish and maintain communication with church staff, council, church committees and ministries supporting an integrated approach towards faith formation, mentoring and discipleship.
• Create a strategic plan with Smart goals and objectives
• Collaborate with ministry and community partners
• Monthly reports to council and elders and attendance at meetings as required or invited.
• Continuous personal and professional development
• Develop annual budget and be accountable to it
• Meet regularly with pastoral Mentor
Qualifications for Director of Youth and Emerging Adults.
• A mature Christian faith evidenced by an ongoing and active relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, including a dedicated commitment to personal spiritual growth and vibrant prayer life.
• Must accept the Bible as the infallible Word of God; able to guide and direct the lives of His people
• Must be in agreement with the statement of faith and creeds of the Christian Reformed Church and willing to become a member of Covenant Christian Reformed Church.
• Profession of Faith in the Christian Reformed Church or a willingness to do so
• A strong Christian character demonstrated by: participation in Church family life, participation in corporate worship, positive Christian relationships, and a Christ-like spirit demonstrated through servant leadership. This strong personal faith must be grounded and in agreement with the Reformed worldview as professed by CRCNA.
• A love for God and for youth ministry with a deep-rooted desire for young people to grow and develop in their relationship with Jesus Christ in all areas of their life.
• Is able to work in a team environment.
• Strong evidence of ability to communicate effectively across a variety of mediums and platforms, including use social media to build and enhance relationships for youth and promote youth ministry.
• Achieve a successful Police and Vulnerable sector background check and adhere to all Safe Church Policies of Covenant CRC.
Education andand ExperienceExperience:: *The*The followingfollowing areare notnot consideredconsidered mandatorymandatory butbut areare consideredconsidered anan asset*.asset*.
• Post-secondary education in Bible studies, Theology, Christian Ministry, or
• Post-secondary education in Youth Ministry, or
• Proven record of experience in Youth Ministry.
Accountable: Reports primarily to Lead Pastor and secondarily to Chair of Executive
Time commitment: Negotiable FTE (Full Time Equivalency) with start date to be negotiated.
Salary and Benefits: salary range is from 41,000 – 51,000 and will commensurate with education, experience and is based on full-time equivalency.
Application: Please email a Letter of Introduction including your personal philosophy of Youth Ministry and, your resume including educational background, ministry experience, any other qualifications applicable to this position to: email@example.com