Ducks Unlimited - Summer Employment
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is seeking 6 energetic individuals for summer employment in Alberta
(Grande Prairie, Edmonton, Duchess, Camrose, Red Deer, Wainwright and Strathmore)
Summer students perform activities related to the establishment, management and maintenance of habitat programs. Working both independently and as part of a team, responsibilities include:
• Wetland and upland project operation
• Equipment inspection, repairs and maintenance
• Data entry and other computer work
• Able to take direction and execute in a safe and efficient manner without direct supervision
• Able to work outdoors and perform strenuous and heavy lifting tasks
• Able to spend long days afield
• Full-time post-secondary student under the age of 30
• Studying agriculture, engineering, or environmental science
• Have a valid driver’s license (and able to provide a current Driver’s Abstract)
• ATV, First Aid/CPR, WHMIS, H2S Awareness or other certifications are assets
• A farming background, familiarity with backroad driving and conversing with the public are also assets
• Dates of employment are ~May 4 - August 21
• Salary: $2,400 - $2,600 per month
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center
to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: March 3, 2020 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted