Ethically Aligned AI
Junior Marketing and Multimedia Content Producer (entry-level)
Ethically Aligned AI is a social enterprise technology focused startup. We help organizations
build better AI systems; and consumers to make sound choices in selecting trustworthy
AI-enabled products or services. We have an immediate opening for an entry-level content
producer specializing in multimedia with audio and video editing skills; who can also take on
communication, marketing and administrative responsibilities.
This is a full time, temporary role for 6-8 months, with an anticipated start date in
August 2021. This role is aimed at supporting a recent post secondary graduate and
is being funded under the Youth Employment Program Successful applicants must
meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the program.
This entry-level hybrid role is perfect for a recent grad who is eager to use their skills to
create impactful strategic digital content for an early stage startup. You’ll be responsible for
creating and producing storytelling video, podcasts and other digital content, as well as
providing communications, marketing and administrative support.
● Support the creation and execution of media strategies, including social media
postings and press releases for traditional media
● Produce and edit multimedia content
● Write treatments and scripts
● Provide research for blog, speaking engagements,marketing initiatives and other
● Manage production and project administration e.g. budget creation, timelines, casting
briefs and release forms
● Provide general administrative support, including handling of email and other
correspondence, organize and track meeting and interview scheduling.
● Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required
Our ideal candidate is aligned with our mission and is passionate about ensuring that we
develop our digital world in ways that are inclusive and empowering for everyone.
● Diploma or degree from a post-secondary multimedia content production program,
marketing and communications program or equivalent. This is an entry-level role -
well suited to a recent graduate.
● Some coursework in critical race theory, women’s studies, native studies, philosophy,
political science or sociology is a plus, but not required.
• Produce video, shooting and editing productions independently
• Must have some shooting experience, comfortable working independently on location
• Produce podcasts, including research, chasing guests and editing
• Video and audio editing of content
• Excellent storytelling capabilities to bring ideas to life
• Knowledge of technological, media and cultural trends
• Understanding of social platforms and non-traditional brand communications
• Understanding of SEO, brand development, communication and content strategies
• An adaptable, collaborative creative problem solver who applies good judgement
• Comfortable with ambiguity and the uncertainty inherent in an early stage startup
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
The position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
Please email email@example.com with the following:
• A copy of your current resume
• A cover letter detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this post. This is
mandatory - applications not submitted with a covering letter will not be considered.
• Showreel or portfolio of digital video work, such as volunteer work, personal and class
Closing date: July 30, 2021
Ethically Aligned AI is a BIPOC female led, early stage, social enterprise startup based in
Edmonton, Alberta. We support a safe, diverse and inclusive work environment and strongly
encourage applications from candidates from a wide range of backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be