Kids on Track
Job Title: After School Club Leader
Location: Various West Edmonton schools, Kids On Track offices (15641-96 Ave)
Hours: Up to 20 hrs per week
How To Apply: Apply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include relevant course descriptions, certificates, and volunteer work. Please include any experience working, volunteering, or participating in a faith-based organization.
Club Leader Overview
• Provide leadership for weekly 1.5 hour after school clubs for elementary aged children
• Provide positive mentorship and follow a set-out Christian curriculum
• Provide community connections with the parents of the children in the program
• Provide administrative support for the Character Club program
• Provide care, supervision, and mentorship for children, ensuring all club policies and procedures are followed
• Review, prepare, and implement Christian faith-based character lessons and activities
• Ensure a variety of learning activities including music, drama, art, games, storytelling, and sharing times are incorporated
• Liaison with the school staff and families
• Maintain weekly ongoing contact with the children and families
• Attend mandatory training and planning meetings
• Set up and clean up of the club spaces
• Assist and mentor club volunteers
• Contribute to development of internal and external developmental assets through offering affirmation, recognition, emotional
support, and a welcoming and safe environment
• Maintain behavioural management
• Model appropriate conflict resolution
• Data entry and maintenance of attendance and contact records’•
Supervision, Training, and Evaluation
• Supervised by the Program Director
• Training in a variety of areas will be given including but not limited to: behaviour management, special needs, abuse awareness,
applicable policies and procedures, and game and lesson leadership.
• Club positions have a 90-day probationary period from the start date of the contract where Kids On Track holds the right to dismiss employees without notice during this initial 90-day Probation period if deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
• Clubs are evaluated with Quest II evaluations through High Five. Individual evaluations are offered when applicable in the form of informal and formal evaluations.
• Kids On Track is a Christian faith based organization. This position requires the delivery of Christian Curriculum components in a mentoring capacity.
• Must have experience working with children and demonstrates a caring, warm attitude towards youth/children
• Must be able to adhere to the design principles of making sure the program is developmentally appropriate, safe, and welcoming of diversity and uniqueness
• Must be responsible and reliable in basic work skills including basic administrative skills such as taking attendance
• Must be able to work in a team setting
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Creative presentation experience is an asset (drama, puppetry, music, crafts, illusions)
Updated August 2019
• Must have current first aid/CPR (Level C) prior to beginning of work
• Must be able to meet at the KOT Offices, pick up club supplies, and travel to the club (mileage reimbursement available)
• Must submit a Criminal Record Check and an Intervention Record Check prior to beginning of work
• High Five PHCD Certificate is considered an asset
• No minimum education level required
Organization Profile: Kids On Track is a community building organization that provides hope, direction, and ongoing support for children, youth, and their parents. Educational, social, spiritual, and recreational elements are combined to deliver well-rounded programs. We
cultivate relationships with participants encouraging their faith, character, and leadership development, social skills, and lifestyle choices. We strive to support families that have limited opportunities due to various challenges.