Landscape General Labourer
Looking for: Landscape General Labourer
The Landscape Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks (generally physical labor) in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. The landscape laborer will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out the specific job tasks.
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Assist in the preparation of job sites prior to the beginning of a project
- Operate various tools and equipment
- Assist in the construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Tree and shrub installation.
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape
- construction projects
- Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies, and hand lifting/carrying
- Assist foreman with job-related tasks
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Preference will be given to candidates with a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours
If interested, please e-mail Jon at: email@example.com
We look forward to working with you!
Kingsley Landscaping Ltd.
Building Better Landscapes