Landscaping and Maintenance Assistant
Landscaping and Maintenance Assistant (2 positions)
Camp Koinonia is a small, family-oriented Christian camp on Lake Isle, located approximately one hour
west of Edmonton. We are looking for self-motivated, personable and energetic individuals to fill these
summer positions. The Landscaping and Maintenance Assistant positions are an important role for the
summer operations of the camp.
Working with another worker and under the supervision of the Camp Caretaker, this position is
responsible for duties such as:
• Landscaping and Ground Maintenance: Lawn mowing, beach and waterfront maintenance,
aquatic weed cutting (with training and under permit), litter clean up, clearing weeds, clean up at
beaches and docks, clearing and hauling brush
• General Maintenance: Painting, small and simple repairs
• Cleaning: General maintenance of washrooms, picnic shelters, and shower house
• General Caretaking Duties: Our caretakers and volunteers have various special projects every
year related to the upkeep of the campgrounds and buildings that require student support.
Qualifications & Skills
Relevant employment or volunteer experience is an asset.
The successful candidates:
• must be able to work independently with little supervision and maintain a high quality of work;
• must be organized and able to provide community-oriented customer service to members,
guests, neighbours, contractors, and local citizens;
• must have basic communication and landscaping equipment operating skills; and
• must have people skills, including working with others and volunteers.
A suitable criminal record check must be provided. Weekend work is required. Must have your own
transportation to the job site.
Compensation: $ 17.00 / hr
Term: May 2, 2022 or later
LCA has applied for funding through a Canada Summer Jobs Grant, and applicants do not need to be
students, but they do need to be:
• between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been
conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
• be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and
Please submit your cover letter and resumé to the Lutheran Camp Association Board of Directors
at firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will remain open until filled, but we will begin to
arrange interviews after April 15. Thank you to all applicants for their interest; only applicants who are
invited for an interview will be contacted.