Nelson Christian Community School
Elementary and Junior High Teaching Positions
Nelson Christian Community School is looking for a BC certified teacher in both a primary classroom and a junior high classroom. We are a faith based Junior Kindergarten - Grade 8 school nestled in the Kootenay mountainside. Our community is vibrant in the arts and the outdoors. With access to both mountains and lakes, this is a fabulous community to be a part of.
NCCS believes in educating the whole child through Christ-centred academics, character, and service learning. We boast small class sizes, a variety of elective course offerings, as well as comprehensive covering of the BC curriculum.
Job description and requirements:
Successful applicants will demonstrate recent experience working in either a primary or junior high classroom. The successful applicant will also have knowledge and understanding in order to work with students who may have learning challenges.
- Bachelor of Education • A valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position should have the following qualities: • Knowledge of the new BC curriculum; • Exceptional classroom management skills;
- Willingness to work closely with parents;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills; • The ability to differentiate learning based on student need in a multi-grade classroom
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of assessment for learning strategies and the incorporation of those strategies in student learning;
- Knowledge of primary student development, specifically with regards to literacy and numeracy
- The ability to teach in a Christian environment and uphold our school Statement of Faith
Applicants can submit their resume and supplementary documents to email@example.com . Please specify if you are applying for the primary or the junior high position
Application deadline - June 30, 2021