Power 2 Change
Title: Edmonton City Leader
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reports to: National Director
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel.
You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Connecting Streams equips and mobilizes the Church to help society’s vulnerable populations know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Through partnerships and teams, we build trusting relationships that foster faith and hope.
The City Leader will recruit and lead a Connecting Streams local team who together will ensure the development of ministries and help engage and empower people to reach their city. They represent Connecting Streams and build partnerships with organizations and churches.
City Team Leader
● Lead city staff team in strategic planning and decision making for the city
● Attend all local meetings, CS Training, and Celebration events
● Develop and implement new strategies and avenues for Connecting Streams to expand across the city
City Partnership Development Representative
● Initiate and cultivate connections and partnerships with leaders of churches and organizations to mobilize
people for evangelism and discipleship
● Develop, engage, and maintain financial partners to support the city
● Speak, teach, and conduct workshops on mobilizing people for evangelism and discipleship as
● Articulate ministry vision to other leaders
● Represent and promote Connecting Streams at local events
National Ministry Advancement Team Member
● Serve on the National Ministry Advancement Team for Connecting Streams to learn and develop together with other City Leaders.
● Work with the National Director to implement a strategic plan for ministry advancement
● Share resources and expertise to encourage and equip each other
Required Skills & Abilities:
● Strong leadership skills
● Skill in leading people spiritually regardless of spiritual context
● Ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian Organizations
● A genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
● A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Self-motivated, team builder, able to work independently
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Able to use Google Suite or equivalent
● Administrative skills, personally organized, good steward of time
Education and Experience:
● 5+ years of ministry or related experience
● Experience in leading teams and carrying out strategic plans
This position requires Ministry Partner Development where the successful candidate will be required to build a team which provides financial and prayer support for salary and ministry expenses including benefits coverage.
Where the candidate is able to be financially independent, they may volunteer for this position with the expectation that they will serve as associate staff (minimum 25 hours).
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Please visit our website to view ongoing job opportunities at https://p2c.com/opportunities/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.