Psychologists' Association of Alberta
Career Development Officer
Job Description 01 July 2021
Member Communities, Mentorship Program, Practice Enhancement, Career Supports
Practice Advisors, Membership, Membership, Referral Service, Continuing Professional Development & Website
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Higher Logic Platform Lead for Communities of Practice
- Support lead for PAA Communities of Practice
- Administrative support for the PAA Committee on Communities of Practice
- Responsible for member engagement in PAA Collaborate.
- Higher Logic Platform Lead for Mentorship Software
- Administrative support for the Mentorship Taskforce
- Integration of mentorship programming
- Lead for the PAA Professional Ethics Round Tables
- Support for the PAA Practice Advisor program
- Lead for PAA Supervision Supports projects
- Private Practice resource development – to include templates for private practice, practice expansion supports, etc.
- Cultural competency supports for members.
- Higher Logic Platform Lead for development volunteer coordination
- Lead for member career supports.
- Career development resources page for public (becoming a psychologist)
- Career development resources for members
- Skills for employment (CVs, interviews, etc.)
- Skills for advancement (faculty, management, etc.)
- Showcasing career prospects like https://www.apa.org/workforce/data-tools/careers-psychology
- Leadership development for members
- Equity and diversity career supports.
- Supports for student members.
- Supports for PRP (provisionally registered psychologist) members
- Supports for early career, mid-career, and life members.
- Supports for members into retirement.
- Responsible to assist staff with functions listed in team member areas above.
- Assist with all other staff & projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Networking and collaboration skills
- Organizational skills and planning skills
- Leadership and assertiveness skills for public service
- Technological skills for online environments
- Proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Pleasing, personable, accommodating disposition & team player
- Knowledge of procedures & policies of PAA
- Represent PAA in a professional, courteous manner ensuring absolute confidentiality is maintained.
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly during peak periods.
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Project management experience an asset.
- Human relation or career development experience an asset.
- Experience in related fields considered.
- Preference given to PAA members.
Closing date for applications 01 August 2021
Start date of 01 September 2021
Queries to be sent to email@example.com
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org