Region: Calgary, AB
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada is now accepting applications for the 2021 Summer Internship Program. The Internship Program seeks to provide college students and recent graduates with an opportunity to use their education & skills to impact a hurting world in a tangible way. The program provides exposure to the intricate operations and programs of an international relief and development organization and its ministry and evangelistic outreach efforts.
Interns will be selected to serve based on their qualifications and experience to serve in a variety of positions across the organizations. They will work alongside staff and receive on-the-job training in practical, technical, administrative, logistical, and ministerial duties while supporting current projects.
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! As an integral member of their respective team, the Summer Intern will also participate in the mission and objectives of the ministry through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidates will fulfill a contract position (from May 2021 to August 2021) in the Calgary office. Accommodations will be provided with a host family for interns relocating from outside the Calgary area.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Currently pursuing or graduated from a four year Bachelor’s Degree program
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Demonstrates being teachable by showing humility, asking questions and learning from others, respecting others’ opinions, and responding appropriately to feedback
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies in their field of study
- Eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Calgary for the internship period
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts, and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.