Sherwood Park Alliance Church
Pastor of Ministry Support
The role of Pastor of Ministry Support leads our Ministry Support division. This is a senior leadership role which has impact across the entire ministry of our church.
We're a church committed to loving everyone, extending hospitality and the grace of Jesus to neighbors locally and globally. We are a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada denomination. We are a multi-congregational church with multiple campuses.
1. Lead the Ministry Support division comprised of Finance, Facilities, Human Resources and Information Services.
a. Set objectives and translate the church wide strategies to action plans and priorities for the division.
b. Organize the division to achieve its accountabilities efficiently and effectively, working collaboratively with the other divisions.
c. Communicate and motivate the divisional team and the broader organization.
d. Develop the people in your division including yourself.
2. Actively and formally manage risk on behalf of the organization.
3. The Pastor of Ministry Support must fulfill general pastoral duties including:
a. Personally, developing disciples who make disciples.
b. Preaching and teaching supported by our teaching team.
c. Leading, when called upon, in rites of the church.
d. Active participation in staff meetings and prayer times.
e. Follow and live by the "Rule of Life" and adhere to staff policies.
4. The Pastor of Ministry Support will be assigned projects from time to time which are intended to grow our approach as a church and grow the project team.
5. The Pastor will engage in professional development as follows:
a. Engagement in leadership development program, exercises and workshops.
b. Engagement with Church, District, or National committees as approved by the supervisor.
- A follower of Jesus Christ with an active Christian witness.
- Appropriate education and experience for leading at senior levels of a church.
- Ability to lead specialists while being a generalist.
- Strong communications, decision making and administrative competencies.
- Understanding of church and non-profit sector, governance and business process management.
- This position reports to the Executive Pastor, is full time and permanent.
- Licensing and pursuit of ordination with the Alliance Canada and church membership is a requirement of this role.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit your resume via this link