SITE PASTOR (SOUTHEAST)
Site: Southeast (SE)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Status: Full-time Salaried Position
Job Vision. The Site Pastor is the key pastor responsible to know, love, serve, shepherd and grow the
congregation at SE along with leading the overall ministry and outreach efforts of the site. This person must be actively growing in love for God, other believers and unbelievers, and have the gifting and passion to lead others with humility and servant-hearted confidence.
Key Areas of Leadership
• Vision and Leadership. To work together with the multisite staff team and other church leaders to clarify and follow the calling God has for Central and for SE in particular. To be the primary leader in shepherding the SE congregation to follow Jesus together—growing in worship, deepening in community, and moving on mission. To have a healthy sense of “ownership” of every piece of ministry for SE, from the big picture to the smallest detail, and to pursue growth and excellence across the board.
• Staff and Facility. To effectively oversee all ministry staff at SE. To lead the SE ministry staff team in
shepherding the congregation, ministering effectively in their individual roles, and working together to
identify, equip, organize, motivate and encourage other leaders for ministry and outreach across the life of SE. To provide vision and leadership for SE facility usage and development together with the Facility Manager and SE Facility Team.
• Being a Pastor. To pray for and minister to individuals and households at SE. To provide as necessary
pastoral care including counselling, visitation, conflict resolution and general encouragement. To be
available for weddings, funerals, child dedications, baptisms and other formal pastoral responsibilities. To be a true pastor by being available and sharing life in real ways as well as identifying and organizing others who share in this role. To grow a culture of care and prayer.
• Worship Services and Teaching. To be involved with the staff team in the planning and facilitation of
worship services, and to be the primary host for worship services at SE. To be gifted and eager to teach regularly on Sundays as scheduled by the Lead Pastor, as well as in other teaching contexts.
• Welcoming and Discipleship. To work as a part of the staff Lead Team to improve and lead discipleship strategy for Central overall, and to implement these strategies at SE. To be the first point of contact for those who are new to SE.
• Mission. To care about the neighbourhoods surrounding the SE site and be actively involved in what God is doing beyond our church. To deliberately and strategically seek to reach new people for Jesus and work for justice, and to lead others to do the same.
• Multisite Collaboration. To find joy in working together with the multisite staff team on whole church
directives, while leading confidently and contextually at SE within the broader direction of Central. To be a positive voice and a unifying leader in the whole-church context.
Other Expectations and Qualifications
• To have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• To be aligned with and actively supportive of Central’s heart, mission and priorities.
• To pursue relationships or group involvement for personal accountability.
• To participate in an engaged and humble way in various weekly staff meetings.
• To meet on a regular basis with the Lead Pastor for review, vision, and encouragement.
• To be loyal, faithful, honest, teachable, humble, approachable, self-motivated, flexible and dependable.
• To affirm Central’s Statement of Beliefs and to become a member of Central when joining staff.
• To have the qualities of a Christian elder/pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3.
• To be a gifted leader with the ability and passion to love, care for and disciple others.
• To be a highly organized initiator and decision-maker.
• To be a team player and have the ability to work well in a multi-staff setting.
• To hold a Bachelors degree (minimum), Masters preferred.
• To have extensive and active pastoral experience in a church or other Christian ministries.
The application deadline is April 24, 2022. With questions or to apply (cover letter and resume),
please contact Jon Putz (HR Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Baptist Church・9419 95 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6C 4K2・780.466.7461・followingtogether.com