Stingray - Promotions Coordinator
Promotions Coordinator– Okanagan
Stingray Radio is now hiring a multi-talented Promotions Coordinator based in Kelowna. Could this be you?
Imagine waking up to the sight of a radiant blue sky, rolling mountains reflecting off the lake...the reflection so perfect you wonder which is real? The most common asked question by visitors is, “how do I get a piece of this…how do I move here?” …Here…is the unbelievable Okanagan, google it, you’ll thank me later…
Reporting to the General Manager and Regional Program Director, the successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks for our two radio stations in the Okanagan.
- Assist in the coordination of all promotional, sales and programming campaigns.
- Manage and maintain all promotional prizes and oversee the winner fulfillment process.
- Assist in organizing listener events (i.e. trips, VIP events, movie premieres).
- Oversee all on-site activations (including concerts, trade shows, remotes, live broadcasts, community events).
- Oversee the hiring, coaching, and supervision of street team and interns.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Administrative support (i.e. Reception coverage on a daily basis).
- Creating wrap up reports after all station events and promotions.
- Assist in the creation of graphic designs for all station and promotional initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining websites for all stations (i.e. scheduling promotions, updating).
- Overseeing station vehicle maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Directors and General Manager.
- Minimum 1 year of promotional marketing or related work experience.
- Strong writing, power-point, Adobe (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and oral presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to win.
- An eye and ear for creative marketing ideas, and a flair to think out of the box.
- A strong understanding of social and digital media, and how to use it to influence people.
- Excellent problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- A love of music (country and classic rock formats are ideal, but regardless you will learn to love) plus an interest in attending varied local events, festivals, and concerts.
- Ability to lead and inspire our street team to be the best they can be.
- Recognize that radio is a 24/7 medium. This is not a traditional 9-5 Mon-Fri, it will include working weekends and evenings.
- Good physical condition as the position will have some physical demands related to loading and setting up of equipment.
- A valid British Columbia driver’s license.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- And then send your resume to Peter Angle, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline: February 12th 2020.
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.