Our church had its beginnings in 1962 with the start of a Sunday School. In 1963, the
congregation formally organized as Meadowlark Baptist Church in the west end of Edmonton.
God blessed our ministry through the years and in 1993 the congregation relocated further
west alongside the Anthony Henday Drive under the new name West Meadows Baptist Church.
Our past is the story of godly pastors and people who laboured to bring the gospel message to
our community and world. We praise the Lord for our biblical heritage and the dedicated
people who planted and established our congregation. We are one of 400 churches associated
with the North American Baptist Conference. You can find us online at: www.westmeadows.org
WHY DO WE EXIST?
To invite people to
experience a life that’s better
with Jesus by living out His
grace, truth, and love.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
• Counter-Cultural Love
• Heartfelt Hospitality
• Encountering Jesus
• Vibrant Faith
• Empowering People
• Strengthening Communities
The Associate Pastor will have three primary areas of responsibility: oversight and development of Adult Ministries (75%), Congregational Care (15%), and being the Lead Pastor’s designate in teaching and leadership opportunities (10%). As the staff lead over Adult Ministries, s/he will play a vital role in fulfilling the WMBC vision by developing and maintaining discipling experiences for all adults in our worshipping and surrounding communities; along with being the primary contact for young families and benevolent assistance. At the discretion of the Lead Pastor, the Associate will also be called upon to preach, serve on Board Committees, and/or Ministry Team.
Please prayerfully submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews
will be contacted and provided with a complete job description.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the champion of our adult discipling
• Provide regular reports to the Lead Pastor
concerning the status of our Group
ministries, while also identifying successes,
problems and solutions.
• Regularly preach during Sunday morning
services in support of the Lead Pastor.
• Assist the Lead Pastor in developing and
advancing our “Spiritual Engagement
• Oversee the First Impressions Team of the
church including Ushers, Greeters,
Connection Desk, and Hospitality Teams.
• Regularly serve as the Sunday morning
service host and assistant to the Lead Pastor.
• Provide leadership to the Care Ministry,
which includes the Prayer Chain, Meal
Ministry and Benevolence program.
• Provide pastoral counseling and visitation to
WMBC congregation as needed or requested.
• Assist the Lead Pastor and Board in
developing an annual church budget.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree with some Bible/
theological studies; Masters preferred.
• Past success and present commitment to a
team-based, equipping philosophy of
ministry (Eph 4:12-13).
• A proven ability to lead/ guide adults to
experience personal spiritual growth.
• An ability to clearly communicate and
motivate through the preaching and
teaching of God’s Word.
• Demonstrate a constructive and positive
interpersonal and conflict management
• Minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• A relocation stipend is available for this