WJS Canada Job Posting: Administrative Assistant (Full Time) - Vegreville - Job ID J1120-0284
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Full Time) - Vegreville
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 37.5
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: Flexible office hours up to 37.5 hours per week
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $20.0000 - $0.0000 /Hour
WJS Canada operates several community-based homes within Vegreville where every day our dedicated staff provide individualized supports to persons with developmental disabilities teaching and modelling life skills, encouraging daily independence and active participation in their community.
the Ideal Candidate will have an understanding of the disabilities field, mental health and addictions, Trauma Informed approach with individuals served and its impact across the life span.
Drawing upon their significant administrative experience (preferably in the disabilities or social services sector) the successful applicant will assist the Program Director and program management with administration for the Community Disabilities Services program.
In Your Role You Will
• Prepare, code & submit for approval invoices, bills, expense claims, etc. according to established timelines.
• Complete and submit payroll time sheets, leave requests and other personnel forms.
• Create program reports, documentation and written communications.
• Maintain petty cash fund.
• Represent WJS to clients and communities in a professional manner on the telephone and in-person reception.
• Maintain, organize and securely store confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Assist in the evaluation of program/service deliverables and contribute information and recommendations toward improvements.
• Schedule meetings and interviews and conduct reference checks.
• Schedule appointments for various services.
• Direct clients to appropriate agencies, contacts and/or service providers.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment.
• Adhere to program and provincial standards as well as WJS policies and procedures.
• Liaise with funding agencies and other WJS offices.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Completion of 2 year Certificate/Diploma (Administration)
• 2+ years similar office administration experience
• Able to type 60 wpm
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel skills
• Skilled in maintaining client and personnel file, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Good word processing and spreadsheet data entry skills capability
• Subject to a clear Criminal Record check
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Administrative - 2 year(s)
- Office Administration - 2 year(s)
- AP/AR software applications - 2 year(s)
- Database systems - 2 year(s)
- Executive Assistant - 2 year(s)
- Microsoft Outlook - 2 year(s)
- Microsoft PowerPoint - 2 year(s)
- Payroll - 2 year(s)
- Typing speed 60wpm - 2 year(s)
- Developmental Disabilities
To apply click on the link below: