WJS Canada Program Director - Peace River & High Level Family Services Centres
Job ID J0420-0683
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Program Director - Peace River & High Level Family Services Centres
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Peace River or High Level, AB, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30am TO 4:30pm (This management position requires flexibility to work some evenings & weekends, as necessary) *Salary Negotiable*
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Year
Caring for the child, caring for the family.
The support the WJS Peace River & High Level Family Services Centres provide emphasizes on building relationships to enhance child and family strengths and overcome areas of struggle. No two families are alike. Using a Collaborative Service Delivery model and individualized services, the WJS Family Services Centre helps Peace River & High Level area families strengthen their current relationships and resources, as well as, building new community support networks.The Position
The Program Director is a senior management role with broader strategic and operational responsibilities. It is a unique combination of direct leadership of both the Peace River & High Level Family Services Centres, as well as, enables significant input and development into the agency's business/service plans. Must be willing to visit the alternate family service site regularly.In Your Role You Will
• Participate as a member of the senior leadership team, in overall strategic planning and priority setting for the organization
• Ensure policies, procedures and enabling systems are in place and operating effectively to support key aspects of overall organizational performance and meet accreditation standards
• Oversee fiscal management and administrative processes
• Ensure recruitment, selection, training & development to support staff attraction, retention and satisfaction
• Establish and maintain a community access and resource network
• Coordinate, analyze and integrate required service area documentation, reporting results and actions and ensure a line-of-sight with the organization's strategic agenda/priorities
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Past executive leadership experience in the social services field
• Experience with service planning and delivery, and the political environment in which
child and family services are delivered.
• Business Administration and operational leadership skills
• A Degree in one of the humanities, social sciences or related field with educational
preparation for the roles of manager and administrator.
• 3-5 years experience in a similar management or human services generalist position.
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience with financial and human resource management.
• Able to develop financial plans and manage resources; ability to analyze and interpret
• Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Strong conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention techniques.
• Commitment to quality assurance; knowledge of CARF and related accreditation and
• Knowledge of communications and public relations principles, practices and techniques;
ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Ability to foster relationships with government officials, community groups, etc.
• Ability to use common computer applications is required.What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Team Meetings, Group Conferencing
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
• Driver Escorts for Families
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, Employer-paid AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life and more!For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.comNo telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Management - 3 year(s)
- Business Administration
- CARF Accreditation
- Developmental Disabilities
- Human Resources
- Policy Analyst
- Program Design
- Program Director
- Quality Analyst
To apply please go to the link below: