WJS Canada Behaviour Specialist Consultant - Home Office Based - Job ID J0520-0338
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Behaviour Specialist Consultant - Home Office Based
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Central Alberta (Lloydminster, Wainwright, Killam, Vermillion)), Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 37.5
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Typically M-F 8:30-4:30 however flexibility required to meet caseload demands
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $28.0000 - $33.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: TBD
Help individuals reduce challenging behaviors and achieve their goals.
WJS Canada’s Integrative Behaviour Support Team has offered short term personalized service to adults and children who exhibit behaviours that cause concern, since 1988. Through consultation, training and counseling, Behavioural Consultants enable families and supporters to help challenged individuals develop socially acceptable behaviours and make connections within their communities. All of our services are based on empowering individuals to develop to their maximum potential in the least disruptive manner possible.The Position
Working from a home-based office, the Behavioural Specialist Consultant will travel through the Central Alberta consultation area to provide services in the communities of Lloydminster, Wainwright, Vermillion and Killam, etc.
Individuals with disabilities and those who support them commonly face obstacles that can be minimized or eliminated through specialized consultation and training. Using person-centered service delivery, the Behavioral Specialist Consultant helps individuals reduce challenging behaviors and develop socially acceptable behaviours in order to make connections within their communities and improve functioning at home, school, etc.
In Your Role You Will
• Identify behaviours of concern, develop, review and monitor Individualized Comprehensive Functional Assessments and Behavior Support Plans.
• Consult with clients, families and agencies during the writing of Functional Behavioural Assessments and the development and implementation of Behavior Plans.
• Train and consult with program teams on Behaviour Support Plans and ongoing client supports.
• Liaise with professionals and program environments relevant to service delivery.
• Facilitate a wide range of workshops for staff and families, educators and daycares and many other groups that deal with behavioural issues (Ex. Proactive Behavior Strategies, Crisis Assessment and Response, Abuse Prevention, Restrictive Procedures, etc.)
• Participate in Behaviour Review Committees and other committees/meetings as required.
• Attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
• Training in program development, and other areas of interest.
• Behavioural Specialist Consultants, report to the Program Manager; Registered Psychologists provide clinical supervision and review all interventions and training.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Must be willing to travel within the consultation area (Central Alberta) and to set-up a home office at their residence.
• Minimum 3 years experience with behavioural interventions and work with children &/or adults with developmental disabilities.
• Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Disability Studies, Behavioural Science, Special Needs or related field.
• Valid certificate in Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA).
• Valid class 5 driver license with a clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle.
• Current First Aid/CPR Certification.
• Sufficient training and experience to perform all responsibilities of the job description. Ideally, candidates will have directly related experience with Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA), completing Comprehensive Functional Assessments, creating, writing and implementation of Positive Behavioural Support Plans, and experience with persons with developmental disabilities (PDD) experiencing behavioural, social and emotional disorders.
• Strong personal commitment to working with persons with developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, acquired brain injury, FASD and challenging behaviours.
• Group facilitation/training skills a must
• Triple P certification would be an asset.
• In this consultative role, must be able to work well in a team setting and/or without direct supervision; strong organizational and time management skills.
• Flexible in work hours to accommodate caseload requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Calm, confident, patient, self motivates and motivates others and is a positive role model.What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada helps people with diverse abilities become active in their communities and reach the highest possible levels of independence. Our wide range of programs and services include supported homes, independent and semi-independent living, behaviour counselling, and mental and physical therapy. We offer community living, life skill coaching, career development, rest and relief for care-givers and family support for children with diverse abilities.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, Employer-paid AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life and more!For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.comNo telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Behavioural Intervention
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Positive Behaviour Supports
- Behaviour Management - 3 year(s)
- Behaviour Strategies - 3 year(s)
- ABI - 1 year(s)
- Complex Needs - 1 year(s)
- Facilitator - 1 year(s)
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities
- Aggressive behaviour
- At Risk Youth
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Children With Developmental Disabilities
- Communication Disorders
- Community Based Practice
- Crisis Intervention
- Developmental Disabilities
- Family Counselling
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches
- Group Counselling
- Harm Reduction
- Individualized program planning
- Parent Educator
- Proactive Procedures
- Restrictive procedures
- Signs Of Safety
- Suicide Intervention
- Trauma Informed Practice
To apply follow the link below: