WJS Canada Job Posting: Program Director - Social Services - Job ID J1120-0547
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Program Director - Social Services
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Peace River or High Level, AB, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30am TO 4:30pm (This management position requires flexibility to work some evenings & weekends, as necessary) *Salary Negotiable*
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $0.0000 - $0.0000 /Year
Caring for the child, caring for the family and caring for the community.
The support the WJS Peace River & High Level Family Services Centres provide emphasizes on building relationships to enhance child and family strengths and overcome areas of struggle. No two families are alike. Using a family centered model and individualized services, the WJS Family Services Centre helps Peace River & High Level area families strengthen their current relationships and resources, as well as, building new community support networks.
The Executive Director has a broad scope of accountability and authority and ensures that the risks to children (child protection, adoption, foster care, residential), youth, and families are minimized through innovative and responsive child-and-family-centric programs, services and interventions.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in working in remote northern Alberta in the town Peace River, High Level and Fairview.
In Your Role You Will
Have the following attributes
• Empathetic, respectful, collaborative style, teambuilder.
• Leads by example- Inspires confidence in others and calls forth their gifts.
• Comfortable with technology and tools.
• Skilled in Human Resource practices and procedures.
• Manage stress, workload and times of crisis.
• Strong and authentic communicator in any forum.
Have exceptional people engagement and leadership skills, and are able to prioritize relationships and support the professional growth and wellbeing of staff and volunteers, while advancing the aims of the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience and familiarity with community and social services, ideally those providing mental health, addiction recovery support, and trauma-informed care.
You are a champion of the importance of people, teams, diversity, and culture. You have several years of progressive social-services experience at the director or executive level, ideally with programs and services supporting children (child protection, adoption, foster care), youth, and families.
You are an experienced leader who encourages your team and others to work toward the common goal of family-led decision making and child centred service.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in social work, education, community development or other relevant discipline. Master degree is preferred
• 5 years of management experience
• Experience with cultural diversity and inclusion.
• Excellent oral, electronic and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and
• Ability to directly address tensions and model effective resolution practice.
• Demonstrate strong emotional intelligence and relationship management;
• Authentic ability to engage with Indigenous people, communities and community organizations;
• Ability to oversee and operationalize work plans from strategic objectives;
• Demonstrated capacity to undertake program evaluation and implement continuous improvement practices;
• Ability to understand, develop and implement financial reports;
• Ability to provide managerial/supervisory direction and in turn the ability to accept constructive supervision and direction;
• Self-motivated, with a proactive approach to all duties; and
• Ability to work well independently with limited supervision.
• Knowledge of Government Funding and negotiations.
• Strong relationship building skills and experience working collaboratively and effectively with other agencies, community stakeholders and organizations, municipal and provincial government agencies,
• Experience with all aspects of Human Resource management, including the recruitment, orientation, teambuilding, and recognition of staff and volunteers.
• Proficient with standard office software and technology (e.g., Word, Excel, and social media platforms).
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Team Meetings, Group Conferencing
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
• Driver Escorts for Families
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages!
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Management - 3 year(s)
- Business Administration
- CARF Accreditation
- Developmental Disabilities
- Human Resources
- Policy Analyst
- Program Design
- Program Director
- Quality Analyst
To apply click on the link below: