WJS Canada Job Posting: Complex Needs Disability Service Worker - Vegreville, Alberta - Job ID J1120-0909
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Complex Needs Disability Service Worker - Vegreville, Alberta
Job Type: Temporary, Part-Time
Location: Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 28
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Each week the hours are set, however the days of work do vary. Hours are 12:00-20:00 per shift.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $20.0900 - $23.0900 /Hour
304-34 Vegreville Fourplex
The Fourplex Program, located in Vegreville, Alberta, is a lifetime home for young men with complex, high behaviours, living with developmental disabilities and other mental health challenges .
WJS Canada staff encourage these individuals to live a full life with personalized care based on individual needs. Our commitment is to provide the people we serve with programs that maximize progress and independence, support unique strengths and qualities, and encourage integration into the community.
As a Complex Needs Disability Services Worker, you will use your extensive knowledge and experience with disabilities, to identify issues, set goals and celebrate success. Each day you will coach individuals with behavior, emotional or physical challenges, teach daily living and good citizenship skills, encourage independence, reinforce strengths that are already in place and offer support within community-based homes and around the community.
*The $20.09 - $23.09/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $17.09-$20.09 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
In Your Role You Will
• Assist and support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills and social/occupational skills.
• Observe/document needs of individuals in service.
• Assist the person in service with daily tasks at the residence/program facility (May include food preparation, cleaning, etc.)
• Encourage opportunities for social interaction within the community (vocational, recreational, leisure activities)
• Drive individuals to appointments, day programs, community events, etc..
• Contributes toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
• Communicate/document information that relates to program changes/service recipient changes to peers, ministry representatives and other stakeholders as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
Our strength is in our people, our employees, and our culture is caring!
We believe that together we can make a difference in the lives of others - through Teamwork, Passion & Quality service. Every day our committed team members help individuals, youth and families build confidence and skills to take on life's challenges and break barriers
Our Employees Enjoy
- Training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction.
- Respect for employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties.
- Employee benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities - 2 year(s)
- Disability Support - 2 year(s)
- Group Home - 2 year(s)
- Individualized program planning - 2 year(s)
- Personal Support Work - 2 year(s)
- Social Service Worker Diploma - 2 year(s)
- Foundations in Community Disabilities
To apply click follow the link below: