WJS Canada Job Posting: Complex Needs Disability Service Worker (Permanent Full time) - Vegreville, Alberta - Job ID J0621-0459
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Complex Needs Disability Service Worker (Permanent Full time) - Vegreville, Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40+
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: 2 on 2 off except 3 day weekends 12 hr rotation 8am-8pm. Every other weekend on.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $20.0900 - $23.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: July 31, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
304-34 Vegreville Fouplex, in Vegreville, Alberta, this program is a lifetime home for young men with complex, high behaviours, living with developmental disabilities and other mental health challenges.
WJS Canada staff encourage these individuals to live a full life with personalized care that maximizes independence, supports unique strengths and qualities, and encourages community involvement.The Position
As a Complex Needs Disability Services Worker, you will use your extensive knowledge and experience with disabilities, to identify issues, set goals and celebrate success. Each day you will coach individuals with behavior, emotional or physical challenges, teach daily living and good citizenship skills, encourage independence, reinforce strengths that are already in place and offer support within community-based homes and around the community.
*The $20.09 - $23.09/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $17.09-$20.09 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
NOTE* All Direct Service positions are now part of the CUPE union.
In Your Role You Will
• Assist and support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills and social/occupational skills.
• Observe/document needs of individuals in service.
• Assist the person in service with daily tasks at the residence/program facility (May include food preparation, cleaning, etc.)
• Encourage opportunities for social interaction within the community (vocational, recreational, leisure activities)
• Drive individuals to appointments, day programs, community events, etc..
• Contributes toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
• Communicate/document information that relates to program changes/service recipient changes to peers, ministry representatives and other stakeholders as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit package for full time employees after 6 months of employment
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Developmental Disabilities
- Disability Practitioner
- Dual Diagnosis
- Implementing Programs
- Individualized program planning
- Mental Health
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work Diploma
- Suicide Intervention
To apply click follow the link below: