WJS Canada Job Posting: Supportive Independent Living Worker (Females ONLY & Arabic Speaking ) - Job ID J1120-1102
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Supportive Independent Living Worker (Females ONLY & Arabic Speaking )
Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 15-30
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Hours depends on the needs of the client - may include days, evenings and weekends.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $20.0900 - $23.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 13/12/2020
302-36 Edmonton Pine House
This program supports an Arabic speaking, female client diagnosed with major depression and intellectual disability, who is dealing with trauma from past experiences.
Requires a female only with Arabic language skills
We are seeking a female Supportive Independent Living Worker to support the person with learning independent, daily living skills (meal preparation, household chores, laundry, etc.), community access (accessing transportation to educational, recreation and community programs/events), and English language learning.
**This position requires a female worker.**
Bona Fide Occupational Requirement:
This a gender-specific position based upon the behaviour and needs of the persons served.
*The $20.09 - $23.09/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $17.09-$20.09 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. *
In Your Role You Will
- Assist the client in achieving goals of learning English and dealing with past traumas.
- mentor and teach life skills including communication skills, coping with emotions and change, budgeting, household management, sexual health, boundaries and self care, relationships, self expression, social skills, coping tools, community awareness, personal safety, etc.
- promote inclusion in community activities involving artistic, educational, recreational programming, etc..
- link the client to community support services.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Two (2) years experience working with individuals with a developmental disability, Acquired Brain Injury or mental health issues.
• Diploma or Degree in Disability Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Community Rehab, or equivalent
• Valid Class 5 Driver's License and vehicle is needed for this position
• Demonstrated skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• Able to collect information; prepare maintain, edit, and organize correspondence, Individual service plans, and progress reports; maintain files according to agency, ministry and accreditation standards.
• Able to work with minimal supervision on an interdisciplinary team and cooperate with team members to solve problems, resolve conflicts and make decisions.
• Display sound judgment and best practice methodology.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• Good computer skills are required as all files are electronic
• CPR/First Aid ( if necessary, will consider providing training)
• Non Violent Crisis Intervention training
• Abuse Protocol training (if necessary, will consider providing training)
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties. We provide support and services to persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth, offenders who wish to rejoin and contribute to their community and adults recovering from an acquired brain injury.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- ABI - 2 year(s)
- Brain Injury - 2 year(s)
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities - 2 year(s)
- Brain Basics
- Community Rehabilitation
- Community Support Worker
- Crisis Intervention
- Disability Support
- Individualized program planning
- Life Skills
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work Diploma
To apply click on the link below: