WJS Canada Job Posting: Complex Needs Disability Support Workers - Westlock - Job ID J1220-0067
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Complex Needs Disability Support Workers - Westlock
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Westlock, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40+
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Rotation is 3 shifts on and 3 shifts off. 2x Full time Day shift and 2x Full Time Night shift (8hr awake/4hr sleep)
Number of Positions: 4
Compensation: $20.0900 - $23.0000 /Hour
WJS Canada is hiring highly qualified four (4) Disability Support Workers for a NEW residential home in Westlock to support/supervise 2 individuals with complex needs and developmental disabilities.
Client prefers Indigenous support workers
As a Complex Needs Disability Support Worker, you will use your extensive knowledge and experience with disabilities, to identify issues, set goals and celebrate success. Each day you will coach individuals with behavior, emotional or physical challenges, teach daily living and good citizenship skills, encourage independence, reinforce strengths that are already in place and offer support within the home and around the community.
*The $20.09 - $23.00/hr complex need rate is paid when directly working with complex needs clients. The regular rate of $17.09-$20.00 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
In Your Role You Will
• Assist and support individual with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Teach and encourage independent life skills i.e., hygiene (bathing, toileting, dental care, etc.), provide or prompt/model personal care, life skills and social/occupational skills.
• Daily household tasks at the residence/program facility (May include food preparation, laundry, cleaning, etc.)
• Encourage social interaction within the community (vocational, recreational, leisure activities)
• Drive individual to appointments, day programs, community events, etc..
• Contribute toward design, implementation and evaluation of individual service plans, program specific policies & procedures.
• Communicate/document information that relates to program changes/service recipient changes to peers, ministry representatives and other stakeholders as required.
• Observe/document needs of individuals in service.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
***Only applicants with a minimum of 1 year experience supporting persons with complex developmental disabilities will be considered for this position.***
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Client prefers Indigenous support workers
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada offers customized social services supports and programs to individuals with the following disabilities:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Syndrome
Our goals are to help individuals become independent, improve their lives and develop life skills. We meet these goals by focusing on each individual's strengths. Our programs include:
- Self-help skills training
- Community Living
- Home Living Options
- Behavioural consultation
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages for full time employees!
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Adults With Developmental Disabilities - 3 year(s)
- Developmental Disabilities - 3 year(s)
- Disability Support - 3 year(s)
- Group Home - 3 year(s)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelors- Other
- Community Living
- Community Support Worker
- Complex Needs
- Education Assistant
- Health Care Aide
- Individualized program planning
- Life Skills
- Personal Support Work
- Personal Support Worker
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work Diploma
- Special Needs
- Supported Independent Living
To apply click on the link below: