WJS Canada Job Posting: Family Support Worker (Strong Families Program) - High Level, Alberta - Job ID J1220-1085
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Family Support Worker (Strong Families Program) - High Level, Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: High Level, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: 8:30-4:30 pm Flexible 40 hr/wk including evenings & weekends to accommodate supporting youth & family schedules
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $26.2500 - $0.0000 /Hou
Help WJS Canada build strong families who are resilient to life’s challenges.
The support our team members provide emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family’s strengths and achieve goals to overcome areas of struggle. No two families are alike. Individualized services are based on the belief that the family’s own internal resources can be strengthened and other helpful skills can be developed.
High Level, Alberta, a town in northern Alberta, with a population of 3,641. located midway between Edmonton (733 kms south) and Yellowknife, NWT (725 kms south north). With the abundance of unspoiled nature surrounding High Level there are many opportunities for sightseeing and outdoor activities to suit an active lifestyle. For more details visit http://www.highlevel.ca/visitors
WJS Canada is currently recruiting a Full Time Family Support Worker to work directly with families, youth and children in High Level, AB and the surrounding community. Working as the primary caseworker, they will counsel and provide therapeutic interventions under the Collaborative Service Delivery model, by coordinating family care teams to provide support and ensure best outcomes for families. Our program structure is one that our staff will become the compass point for the family and others involved in the case.
Working a flexible schedule, the position will require the Family Support Worker to work regular office hours, as well as evening & weekend hours, up to 40 hr/week. Flexibility is required in order to support families during evenings & weekends when they are gathered together & require the most support.
**Qualification requirements deem this to be Family Support Worker level 2.**
In Your Role You Will
• Establish trusting relationships with children and families, while assisting them in the development of interpersonal, communication skills, daily living skills, and other areas of interest.
• Provide flexible and responsive client centered support to address children, youth, family or caregiver needs through individual program plans while respecting choices, decisions and needs of families.
• Provide individual and group counseling as appropriate.
• A key component of this position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing ongoing service delivery with stakeholders.
• Collaborate and/or work as a team with community systems (i.e. school), specialized service providers, volunteers and extended family members.
• Conduct family visits in the community and be available for evening/weekend visits and/or on standby as required.
• Attend supervised visits with families that are involved with the Ministry of Children Services.
• Transport individuals or families as required.
• Accommodate and respect cultural, social and religious heritage.
• Follow up on closed case files to ensure family safety and implementation of individual program plans.
• Administrative duties including typing/filing reports, compiling monthly reports, etc.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma in Social Services, Bachelor of Social work or similar education. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• 3 years experience working with families in social services field and supporting through various challenges (addictions, mental health, domestic violence, suicide, etc.)
• Knowledge and application of therapeutic and intervention theories and the stages of child development;
• Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of diverse communities and to resolve conflict in an effective manner;
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Strong understanding of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
• Valid CPR/First Aid and WHMIS
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset.
• Training in suicide prevention and cultural sensitivity
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Team Meetings, Group Conferencing
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
• Driver Escorts for Families
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit package!
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Aboriginal - 1 year(s)
- At Risk Youth - 1 year(s)
- Child and youth care - 1 year(s)
- Child protection - 1 year(s)
- Child, Youth And Family Enhancement Act - 1 year(s)
- Diversion - 1 year(s)
- Social Work - 1 year(s)
- Social Worker - 1 year(s)
- Work with families - 1 year(s)
- Youth Worker - 1 year(s)
- Budgeting - 1 year(s)
- Family Service Worker - 1 year(s)
- Aboriginal Awareness
- Aboriginal culture
- Alberta College of Social Workers
- Child and Youth Care Diploma
- Child welfare
- Conflict Resolution
- Crisis Intervention
- Domestic Violence
- Family Care
- Family enhancement
- Family intervention
- Family Reunification
- Family Services
- Family Violence
- First Nations
- Foster care
- Grief And Loss
- Harm Reduction
- Human Service
- Life Skills
- Native Studies
- Positive Behaviour Supports
- Signs Of Safety
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Social Work Diploma
- Substance Abuse
- Suicide Intervention
- Supervised visits
- Support Worker
- Trauma Informed Practice
To apply click on the link below: