WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Marketing Communications Coordinator - Maple Ridge, BC or Edmonton, AB - Job ID J0220-1097
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Marketing Communications Coordinator - Maple Ridge, BC or Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Maple Ridge, BC or Edmonton, AB, , Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Flexible weekly schedule
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $25.0000 - $32.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 16/03/2020
WJS Canada has been nurturing change and healing in children, youth, adults and families in communities across Canada for more than 30 years. Our dedicated and caring staff help those we serve overcome their challenges and develop their strengths. We forge friendships and a sense of belonging and encourage community inclusion for all.
WJS Canada has a thriving communications department with many stories that we want to communicate and celebrate!
We need an experienced Marketing Communications Coordinator to share our stories and values - Integrity, Quality, Accountability, Passion and Teamwork - with the world.
WJS Canada is looking for a combination of marketing experience and education with passion for excellence in graphic design and editorial integrity. Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of major social service agency is a definite asset.
In Your Role You Will
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing Communications Coordinator is committed to support the implementation of WJS’s internal communications, social media, public relations, community outreach, and other marketing activities.
• Update pre-existing templates and produce print-ready files using your well-developed Adobe design skills.
• Revise website content and design using WordPress.
• Research, interview and write content for both internal and external audiences, under guidance from marketing professionals to support strategic communication goals.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of marketing campaigns including; information gathering, content writing, event and photo/video shoot co-ordination.
• Manage social media activity, delivery of regular newsletters and periodic surveys to stakeholder groups.
• Maintain marketing assets such as; photo & video library, SharePoint presence, stakeholder contact lists
• Track and interpret impact of communications activity, produce regular reports on marketing activity.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, or relevant field of expertise or equivalent combination of education and experience,
• 2-5 years specialized communications experience.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Solid social media management skills and experience.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and basic SEO.
• Organizational and campaign planning abilities.
• Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
• Ability to re-prioritize and adjust to interruptions and changing requirements.
• Well developed computer skills in project management software, video communication applications, Windows and MS and/or Open Office suites; willingness to continually learn and adapt to new software/technologies.
• Valid Class 5 drivers license, clean drivers abstract.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada contracts with governments across Canada to provide community-based social services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, and young offenders and has been nurturing change and healing in children, youth, adults and families in communities across Canada for more than 30 years. Our dedicated and caring 800+ team members help those we serve overcome their challenges and develop their strengths, forge friendships and a sense of belonging and encourage community inclusion.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages for full time employees (100% Employer paid health & dental, etc.)
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Graphic design - 3 year(s)
- Marketing and communications - 3 year(s)
- Bachelors Degree in Communications
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Social Service
To apply click on the link below: