WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Nights Community Disability Worker (full time) - Barrhead - Job ID J0320-0518
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Nights Community Disability Worker (full time) - Barrhead
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Barrhead, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Night Shift 3 on 3 off. 10 hours awake, 4 hours sleep at $15.00 per hour. Complex needs program includes $3.00 premium for awake hours.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $20.0900 - $23.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 06/04/2020
Program 336-43 - Auto Alley
WJS Canada is hiring a highly qualified Disability Support Worker for a residential home in Barrhead to support/supervise individuals with challenging behaviours and developmental disabilities including: developmental delays, epilepsy, Disruptive Behavior Disorder and PTSD. Challenging behaviours will occur on a daily basis and therefore, only those with previous experienced with de-escalation techniques and providing supports to persons with high behaviours and complex needs will be contacted for an interview.
**As a Complex Needs program this includes an additional $3/hr to the regular wage of $17.09 - $20/hr**
Barrhead is a town in central Alberta, located 1.5 hours northwest of Edmonton.
Only applicants with a minimum of 2 years experience working with individuals with significant mental health concerns, aggressive behaviours and/or trauma will be interviewed for this challenging position. Please provide a cover letter detailing your suitability for this role.
**10 awake hours at complex needs wage; 4 sleep hours at $15/hr
In Your Role You Will
• Support/supervise complex behavioural, emotional and social needs/development (in the residence & during community activities); observing & documenting changes
• May be required to perform physical restraints (holds) on an individual to stop an individual from violent or destructive behaviours that place themselves or others at risk.
• Use computer program to write objective daily reports.
• Use de-escalation techniques to deal with challenging behaviours on a daily basis.
• Provide individualized supports within a consistent, healthy & safe environment
• Assist with household chores (meal prep, cleaning, etc.)
• Drive person in care (in your own vehicle) within the community.
• Participate in vocational, recreational, leisure activities.
• Provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Assist in the design, implementation & evaluation of ISPs, program specific policies & procedures.
• Connect the individual with their family, friends & community.
• Administer medication, first aid if/when necessary.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Work well in an environment with potential for aggression/violence
• MUST HAVE 2 years experience working with individuals with significant mental health concerns, aggressive behaviours and/or trauma.
• Prefer a Certificate, Diploma or Degree – Disability Service Worker, Special Education or related field; Grade 12 Diploma minimum requirement;
• Valid class 5 driver license (or GDL and 2 years driving experience) with clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle
• Clear criminal record check & social services involvement check (UPLOAD COPY IF AVAILABLE)
• Current First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification (NVCI or CPI)
• Training in Trauma Informed Practice, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Behaviour Management, Conflict Resolution, Food Safe
• Confident & able to function in a crisis
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada’s mission is ‘We serve individuals and families with high quality, personalized, and culturally responsive support’. The social supports we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Complex Needs - 2 year(s)
- Developmental Disabilities - 2 year(s)
- Disability Support - 2 year(s)
- Abuse protocol
- Aggressive behaviour
- Correctional Services
- Mental Health
- Social Service Worker Diploma
To apply click on the link below: