World Renew - Refugee Program Associate
Refugee Program Associate, Ontario
World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is an internation development and disaster response organization. We are currently looking to hire a Refugee Program Associate. This position promotes and contributes to the effective implementation and management of the Refugee Sponsorship and Resettlement Program of World Renew. This is accomplished in compliance with the Sponsorship agreement between World Renew and the Government of Canada. **This position is remote and can be based anywhere in Ontario.
- Research country conditions, review refugee sponsorship applications and assess their eligibility under the private sponsorship program; provide written and verbal feedback to sponsors and applicants
- Follow up on sponsorship cases in process and requests for application status updates by reviewing files, the refugee database, and making inquiries with appropriate agencies
- Meet with active sponsoring groups as required, regarding private sponsorships to provide updates and information
- Assist churches and other partners by providing information about refugee arrivals and providing written and verbal guidance on sponsorship and settlement
- Monitor churches and other partners in the settlement of newcomers (second month, six month, ninth month and post settlement year). Compile monitoring outcomes and best practices/lessons learned
- Be aware of and implement all policy and procedure changes as they relate to private sponsorship and settlement
- Ensure records of the refugee program are complete and kept up to date
- Maintain refugee sponsorship information management spreadsheets and database
- Collect and compile data and assist in writing reports, sponsorship information resources and communications materials for sponsors
- Promote the refugee program through in-person presentations, written reports and contributions to communications materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates interested in applying should do so on, or before, January 19, 2020.
The link to apply, and more details about this opportunity, can be found on our website: https://careers2-crcna.icims.com/jobs/1339/program-associate%2c-refugee-%28ontario%29/job.