ACE Vegetation Summer Position
This is a 2019 Summer Employment Position. We are currently accepting applications for qualified individuals for work in areas across western Canada. Please note the required qualifications in this posting!
Vegetation Management Technicians and Crew Leaders
web site: www.acevegetation.com/students
Give your career the start it deserves with ACE Vegetation Service. We are currently hiring vegetation management technicians and crew leaders for the summer. Many students over the years have used ACE to pay for their college expenses. ACE offers students in Forestry, Agriculture, Environmental Studies invaluable experience that can lead to greater opportunities after College or University. We are accepting applications from students from ALL faculties.
We provide extensive safety training and herbicide license training—equipping you with the knowledge to make the right decisions in the field. Accommodations and meals are provided while working in the field. ACE offers competitive wages with opportunities to work significant overtime and travel western Canada.
This position involves:
• Herbicide application and weed management
• Record keeping
• Inventory and equipment management
• Weed identification
• Equipment operation
• Quality customer contact and public relations
• Developing work plans and a vegetation program
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Recommend 1st year college or university education
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have a great attitude and be a team player
• Be in good health, bondable and energetic
• Be willing to work outdoors for long hours with overtime for a 4 month period
• You must pass a drug and alcohol test
• A valid Canadian driver's license (class 5) is required (or minimum GDL for 2 years), Class 1 and 3 licenses are an added value
• Driver’s abstract (3 yr) is required
• A current Pesticide Applicator license (BC,AB,SK,MB) is a definite asset
Applicants will need to have these certifications prior to training starting April 29:
• Standard First Aid Level C with AED
• H2S Alive
• Bear Awareness
Training commences April 29 in Nisku/Leduc, Alberta. Work will commence on projects throughout Western Canada and continue from May through to late August. Additional projects are available in the early spring and late fall seasons for individuals available during these periods.
If you meet these qualifications then please apply today by:
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: 780-955-9426
• Mail: ACE Vegetation, 2001-8th Street, Nisku, AB T9E 7Z1
This position is open for applications until March 31, 2019.
ACE is a leading western Canadian vegetation control company with over 35 years of experience. We are proud of our reputation as a professional, resourceful and service oriented company. Our training program is one of the best in the industry. In addition to spray services, we also provide mulching, mowing, reclamation and consulting services to the Utility, Oil and Gas, and Pipeline Sectors. We look forward to hearing from you.