Administrative Assistant (32 hrs/wk) - Community Disabilities Services
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Administrative Assistant (32 hrs/wk) - Community Disabilities Services - Job ID J1019-0642
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (32 hrs/wk) - Community Disabilities Services
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Scheduled Days Each Week: Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 32 hrs/wk Tuesday to Friday
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $18.5000 - $25.0000 /Hour
Closing Date: 28/10/2019
At WJS Canada, our dedicated staff assist people with developmental disabilities and mental health diagnoses to become active, empowered and involved in their communities regardless of the challenges they face.
Located at a busy downtown office environment near the MacEwan campus, the successful applicant will draw upon their significant administrative experience (preferably in the social services sector) to assist the Program Director and other management with administration for the Community Disabilities Services & Integrative Behavior Support programs.
In Your Role You Will
• Prepare, code & submit for approval invoices, bills, expense claims, petty cash fund etc. according to established timelines.
• Complete and submit payroll time sheets, leave requests and other personnel forms.
• Create professional program reports, documentation and written communications.
• Represent WJS Canada in a professional manner on the telephone and in-person reception.
• Organize, maintain and securely store confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Schedule meetings, appointments, interviews and conduct reference checks.
• Assist in the evaluation of program/service deliverables and contribute information and recommendations toward improvements.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment.
• Adhere to program and provincial standards as well as WJS Canada policies and procedures.
• Liaise with funding agencies and other WJS offices.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
***Please submit your application with a cover letter. As we will receive a high number of resumes for this posting, applications without a professional, customized cover letter referencing competition J0819-0025 may not be considered.***
• Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration
• 2+ years similar administrative or Executive Assistant experience in a demanding office environment
• Type 60+ wpm with high accuracy - typing assessment will be conducted
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook and data entry skills
• Superb organizational skills AND proven experience maintaining client and personnel file, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Well-developed problem solving & multi-tasking & prioritizing skills
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. Each day our team support individuals and families, to enhance strengths, overcome challenges and achieve goals. Visit www.wjscanada.com for more information.
Our Employees Enjoy
WJS Canada provides a respectful, supportive environment where your good ideas are welcome and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow your career.
We also provide:
- Competitive wages based on education & experience
- For full time employees: Employer paid Extended Health, Dental, AD&D, Dependent Life benefits
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
- Administrative - 2 year(s)
- Office Administration - 2 year(s)
- AP/AR software applications - 2 year(s)
- Database systems - 2 year(s)
- Executive Assistant - 2 year(s)
- Microsoft Outlook - 2 year(s)
- Microsoft PowerPoint - 2 year(s)
- Payroll - 2 year(s)
- Typing speed 60wpm - 2 year(s)
- Developmental Disabilities
To apply click on the link below: