ADVANIS - Analyst (Market Research, Social Research)
Analyst (Market Research, Social Research)
Locations: Edmonton (Alberta) or Waterloo (Ontario)
Competition Number: WS_Analyst_19
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidates are found
As a management consulting firm, Advanis’ expertise and innovations have a profound impact on public sector affairs and business. Our research helps our public sector clients design and optimize the delivery of government services to Canadians and helps our private sector clients design successful new products; set the right prices; test entirely new product or service ideas; increase their customers’ satisfaction; target their most lucrative customers; provide the best service to consumers; and much more. We consult to all levels of government in Canada and to some of the leading corporations in the world.
We’re looking for candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
• A University degree (preferably in business, economics, operations, management science, marketing, psychology, sociology, statistics, or mathematics);
• Prior experience in data analysis—from class projects, extracurricular activities, or past or current employment;
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail; and
• It is an asset, but not essential, to have experience with statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS) and market research methodologies.
On client-sponsored projects, Analysts work closely with other project team members and will have day-to-day activities that initially involve:
• Assisting in survey writing;
• Assisting in the coding and preparation of online and telephone surveys;
• Assisting with data collection and survey administration under the direction of the Project Manager;
• Manipulating and coding data using statistical software;
• Creating reports and presentations under the direction of experienced staff;
• Developing and maintaining online reporting environments;
• Conducting secondary research; and
• Responding to client requests.
There is opportunity for advancement within the company, including movement(s) across streams as career goals evolve.
To help you succeed in your new role, you will participate in a hands-on “mock-project” training program. You will work closely with a peer buddy in your first year, and will have a senior career mentor.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including salary, dental, and extended health care coverage. Our work environment is fast-paced and learning-oriented. The salary for this position will be set commensurate with experience and demonstrated skill level.
If we have described your ideal job, we invite you to submit your resume, transcript, and a cover letter describing why you are well suited to become the newest member of the Advanis team. To do so, select the “Apply Online” link for this position on our website or go to this direct link: https://esurvey.advanis.ca/mrapplication/). Note that our online application includes a short (15-20 minute) case study.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview and a case study evaluation.