Beulah Alliance Church - Congregational Care Summer Worker
This position is responsible to provide support to our care and compassion ministries, while gaining
practical hands on experience in pastoral ministry of care and compassion. As this position is a part of
the Canada Summer Jobs Program applicants must be between the ages of 15 – 30 to qualify.
- Work alongside the pastoral team to research and fine tune tools for Congregation Care ministry.
- Assist with daily “Pastor on duty” including prayer, spiritual care & pastoral counselling.
- Shadow pastoral duties and participate as appropriate. This includes: hospital visitation, support
for Sunday services, weddings and funerals
- Assist with Beulah’s compassion response to crisis, including financial assessment and referrals.
- Meeting with local community partners, as assigned.
- Provide recovery program support & assist with other Adult ministries projects as agreed.
Skills, Knowledge and Gifting
- A passion to provide Christ focused congregational care while supporting Beulah’s mission and
- Be a flexible, cheerful, patient & strong team player with a desire to support & assist.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with
composure and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability for self-care and boundary recognition.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential materials.
- Successful/clear screening for working with vulnerable sectors.
- Demonstrated assertiveness and ability to develop and implement projects.
- Ability to work in a large, fast paced, multi-staff setting.
- Excellent computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Currently enrolled in final year or graduate from a post-secondary institution with a diploma or
certificate in pastoral care or related area or equivalent work experience.
Length: June - August 2019 (8 weeks long)
Hours: 30 hours a week*
*Hours per week and length of time to be determined with successful applicant.
If you believe that God may be calling you to this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.